Thursday, April 21, 2016

Earth Day Ideas


Earth Day is tomorrow, April 22!
Are you looking for some new ideas for your classroom to celebrate Earth Day?

During this week and the week after, I usually worked with my students on learning about plants, flowers, rocks and soil. They really loved the soil part. We would spend a little time outside with magnifying glasses looking at soil, grass, and bug life. Then they would return to the classroom and draw and write about what they saw. 


One thing I would share with them is a great little 4 minute Ted Talk on what happens to plastic when you throw it away.

I like this anchor chart idea that has students write about ways they pledge to take care of the Earth.
As seen on at First Grade Fever.


I'm all about science so I liked this experiment idea, "Can You Undo Water Pollution?".
Earth Day Experiment - Can You Undo Water Pollution?:


To wrap things up, you could have your students make an Earth Day Class Book!

Earth Day Class Book FREEBIE! This little Earth-shaped class book is a fun way to get your students writing about ways to take care of our precious Earth!:


I hope you find something from this list that helps you teach a lesson on Earth Day!



 photo twinkle sig_zpsnwvacslp.jpg

No comments: