Saturday, January 16, 2016

January is molasses!


January is being a molasses month. I feel like the days are creeping by really slowly. I am not a HUGE fan of Winter anyway, but why are we only half-way through January?

Come on Summer…! Envelope me like warm blanket--bring me some sunshine rays of loving warmth. All I see in my yard are naked, dead trees and dirt for a lawn.

Recently, I watched one movie that did make me think of Summer—-The Martian. It was so good! I loved how Matt Damon’s character relied on problem-solving skills and never gave up. I really liked it.

I also saw the comedy Daddy’s Home. I thought it would be like one of those movies that give everything away in the movie trailer and then when you watch it in theaters it is like watching one big set of clips, but it wasn’t. It was funny and I do like me some Will Ferrell anyway so I was happy with it. I think it had a good message in the long run about how families should stick together. Or maybe that is just the message I am putting into the movie.

Another thing I have been doing lately to beat the Winter blues is of course, reading. I got two books recently at the library just because they looked like quick, easy reads.

I love me some Madame Bovary and Anna Karenina, but I know when I am really busy I will check out novels and they gather dust. Then I end up paying the library because they are a day or two late-and never read by yours truly.

So these two books are: 


Timeless Beauty by Christie Brinkley\ 
and


Life with a Sprinkle of Glitter by Louise Pentland

I finished Christie Brinkley's book in about five minutes. It really should have been one of those books I stood and just browsed in the library. Nothing against her. It has some beauty tips, hair tips, and exercise ideas. I felt for me personally, there was not anything that made me go a-ha. There are tons of photos of Christie, too. So if you are a huge fan of hers, then you will love this book. 

The book by Louise Pentland was more wordier, and took me about 10-15 minutes to read. It had lots of the same--beauty ideas, dating tips, etc. 

I think what grabbed my attention was all the glitter on the front cover. Anything sparkly pretty much captures my attention. Many times when we are in the store my husband says I am like a bird. 

One time when I was working for the OK State Dept. of Education, someone was talking to me but I heard none of it (and confessed so) because she was wearing a sparkly blue necklace. I try to fight this but my name is Tina Winkle aka Twinkle so you know...

Oh, back to the book! The one thing I did like about it was the inspirational quotes. Like this... 
Pic from dreaminlace.com

I think those type of pages would be cool to tear out and put on a memo board or in a frame but then I am not one for advocating tearing books. Maybe just go to Pinterest and print a quote.  

If you are looking for some simple reads, by all means then try these books. BUT, I recommend checking them out at your local library and saving your money for some hot cocoa or cookies or something. :)


 photo tina winkle sig twinkleteaches sm_zpspz9kadle.jpg
 photo ShabbyBlogsDividerM_zpsz6gxvmkw.jpg

No comments: