Monday, December 21, 2015

Fa-La-La-What day is it?!?



It's been 6 days since my last post. I have been enveloped in all that is the holiday season...
so much that I really cannot tell you what day today is. I think Monday?
I have been valiantly trying to protect my Christmas tree from the cats. They pretty much think it is edible and/or a maze. So naughty!
I saw the new Star Wars movie. On opening day, too, so that earns me some cool points, right? lol I thought it was really great storytelling. (No spoilers here because I am not going to end up on Santa's naught list!). 
I have watched so much Netflix-so much. I saw the (OLD) Pee-Wee's Playhouse Christmas Special from 1988. I was like 11 when it came out originally. My favorite part is Charo singing Feliz Navidad toward the end. I have also re-watched National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. I really wish I knew a real Cousin Eddie in real life.
Hee hee-we both like egg nog!
Okay, maybe I don't.
I have also seen Garfield's Christmas Special (also from my youth), My Little Pony-A Very Minty Christmas (my husband and son complained the whole time), and Christmas with the Kranks (had run out of options that night), and Ernest Saves Christmas (well, the opening credits). I think I love the sparkle and glitter of the holiday season the most--and surprises!
Like this would be a neat gift if it was real and not a prank giftwrap box. 
My whole house would be really clean!!! Why is this not a REAL thing?
Oh and another surprise!
Image result for pioneer woman dinnertime
I won a prize!!! Metro Family Magazine had a giveaway on their Facebook page to win one of Ree Drummond aka The Pioneer Woman's cookbooks!! It is cool because she is a blogger who made it big BUT she also lives here in Oklahoma, like me. I am not much for cooking honestly (my hubs does the cooking and I do the baking). I mean the last time I was in the kitchen a few days ago I made two things (both from boxes)-a no-bake Jell-o cheescake and a Betty Crocker cake in the shape of a gingerbread man. 
And....I have no regrets!
Metro Family is my monthly go-to magazine here in Oklahoma for parenting advice and they have a calendar inside with local activities every month. I went to their offices wearing no make up and dressed bum-y. I had that somewhat pulled together look but my tank top secretly had gum stuck all over it. See I had pulled it from the dryer, noticed the gum, sighed, and put it on anyway. It's cool. I put a cardigan over the tank top to hide the gum. Typical Tina. The funny thing is they took my picture with the prize. 
This should teach me to pull myself together more often in public, but then again I am blogging at 1:45 am my time while my son is rolling on the floor asking me what a dingo is. But hey, I know it's Monday (thank you iPhone).

 photo SB Free Blog Element Gold Divider_zpsyo2nxc1t.jpg

No comments: