Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Spill it, girl!!


Today is a great day. It is Wednesday which means we are halfway to Friday, my friends!

Lately, I have been doing some self-reflection about everything in my life. I have been turning it into a comedic novel and am so proud of my late-night typing progress I have made so far. Even if no one ever gets to read it, I feel like it has been really enlightening and therapeutic just to spill my words out, you know?

Today let’s take a look at technology

I have am a social media collector-often opening accounts to let them simmer and then forgetting my login or password when I return years later. But there are a few that I use daily or near-daily: Facebook, Twitter, Photobucket, Mediafire and Pinterest.


I know Facebook is “evil” but I use it connect with teachers. It keeps me in the loop since I am currently homeschooling. I like to think of it as my online lounge. I have a page for Twinkle Teaches where I share random ideas that pop into my head or cool things I find online.

My goal is to become more interactive on the Twinkle Teaches Facebook page.
And sometimes I get my news from Facebook.(This confession is hidden in shame.)

I use my Twitter feed in much the same way.


Photobucket is where I store pictures and edit them. I have been a member since 2006 so that relationship has been pretty long term. They were great “back in the day” with editing tools that allowed you to use filters way before Instagram was even a word. Somewhere along the way I feel like they lost it. They kept updating and would get rid of some of the awesome editing tools, the slideshow feature, and now you have to download your album videos individually. However, I guess I am just loyal to PB. That reminds me my old Flickr account is probably gathering dust and cobwebs as we speak!


Mediafire is my BFF. Really! I store and hoard all my teaching stuff and everything else there. I love having access to it wherever I am at. It came in handy when instructional coaching if I needed to find a curriculum map or a copy of a data binder. I also backup much of my stuff onto USB drives along with Mediafire, but I would still seriously cry if I did not have it.


Pinterest. I have a love/hate relationship with Pinterest. I love love love to see all the cool ideas but I hate the pressure it makes me feel like I am an underachiever because I don’t make my own fruit water or sew clothes for my dog. Also, so many times I try something and it fails magnificently. I should make be the spokesperson for Pinterest Gone Wrong or something!

Here are 35 Tech Tools for Teachers:

~Glogster
Great way to share posters and images you’ve made with friends
~Edmodo
Social learning environment and one of the best ways to teach with tech
Interactive whiteboard activities!
~Bubbl.us 
Free application to brainstorm online
~Twitter
The micro blogging service that many love or hate.
~WordPress
Content publishing system. It’s gone way beyond just blogging.
~Prezi 
Innovative way to share presentations without PowerPoint
~Wallwisher(now known as Padlet)
An online notice board maker (or bulletin board if you choose)
~Animoto
Make beautiful videos from images in a snap
~Blabberize
Make your images talk
thats right.
~Weebly
Create your own website or blog, very easy to use
~Flickr
Popular photo-sharing site now lets you print
~Slideshare
Don’t waste your presentation after it’s over, share it with millions!
~Audioboom
Easily record and share audio
~GoogleDocs
The top real-time document creating and editing cloud-based system
~GoogleSites
Make your own website while knowing nothing about websites!
~Diigo
Popular social bookmarking site
~GoogleEarth
View anywhere in the world anytime
~Wordle
Create a beautiful aggregation of any amount of text
~Wikis
Wikispaces is very helpful
~Wix
Easily make your own flash-based website
Web-based word processor
~Spicy Nodes
Innovative way to organize your web visits
~Delicious
One of the top social bookmarking sites on the web
~Myebook
Virtually publish your book and sell it
Get your own avatar and even have it talk with your voice
~DoInk
Create animations using this simple website
~Keep Calm-o-Matic Generator
Make your own signs in a flash!
~Scratch
Create and share stories, games, art, etc.
~Epic!
Free access for teachers to current and well-known books for students to read online.
~Tagxedo
Like Wordle but a step farther as text can be used to build bigger images
~Study Ladder Creative math and other educational problems to help everyone learn
Make and share your own comic strips with thousands of others

 photo tinasig8-7-14_zpsd9a78e1a.jpg

No comments: