Sunday, May 17, 2015

Summer Time luh-uh-ovin'


10 things I love about summer…


10. The treats! Popsicles, ice cream, slushies, s’mores, Italian ice, snowcones, and roasted marshmallows. We are so spoiled in our society that yes, we can eat these treats in Winter, but think about how much more refreshing that cold popsicle is on a hot summer day. Think about how you have to race to eat it before the sun makes it disappear!


9. The exercise! I can’t pump iron like my buddy Godzilla, but because the summer weather in the morning and evenings are so relaxing {most of the time}, it makes me get out and move more. I have no excuses for hiding in the house because that sunshine hollers for me to get out!


8. The colors! There is something to be said about summer that makes all the bright, bold colors come alive. Little piggies on our feet appear and pop with bright colors to coordinate our sandals and flip-flops. I love neon colors and anything bright really, and summer gives me a good excuse to wear them at my age (uh-hum). 


7. The shoes! Flip flops. That is all I have to say. I {heart} flip flops!


6. The air conditioner! I cannot live without it. I appreciate it THAT much more when I am outside and that summer sun is beating, no burning, on my neck. Then when I enter the house that sweet, sweet air conditioner coolness washes over me. Appreciate it!

5. The games! Horseshoe, baseball, soccer, tennis…these are all more fun played outside during the summer. You know it is time to stop when you hear crickets or cicadas start to serenade.


4. The concerts and festivals! I really adore the 4th of July festivals and parade the most. There is something magical about the red, white, and blue.


3. The road trips! Once we made a road trip for ice cream! All the local Dairy Queen restaurants were closed so we made an in-state drive to visit the only one open at the time. Once we ate our ice cream we realized it was more about the trip than the ice cream. {The ice cream really was as great as we remembered it...}


2. The pool! Our swimming pool was the best investment we made. We really don't take extravagant trips living on one teacher's salary, and so for our entertainment we have our pool, the public library, Hulu and Netflix to the rescue. Some days here in Oklahoma it gets so hot I want to dig a hole in the dirt and fill it with water and just sit in it! I guess our pool is "fancy" compared to that alternative!


1. Family time! This is my #1 reason because we don’t have to worry about school nights or sleeping in {some days anyway} so we get the most time together as a family. None of the other nine reasons matter as long as I get to spend time with my family. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go join my Ninja Turtle in the sprinklers!



 photo tinasig8-7-14_zpsd9a78e1a.jpg

No comments: