Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Webby Wednesday




So I went to my favorite nerdy place in the world, the local library and got this gem to read



It is supposed to include creative approaches to early literacy. That is what gets thrown by the wayside many times in educationcreativity. There is real value in creativity and brain development. I would go so far as to say creativity is necessary for survival! Creativity allows you to learn because you learn to improvise and adapt through creative means. It is how we become better at doing things. So hurrah for creative teaching!!!

Today is Webby Wednesday and I need to share some awesome, amazing, serendipitous finds with you

I have a special place in my heart for bumblebees. My first year of teaching and every year after (lol) the theme was “busy bees.”

So this little valentine bee owns me right now! I found this art project on Pinterest but could not find the original source.



One of the grades I taught was Pre-Kindergarten and every morning as a part of our calendar routine we reviewed shapes. This would be handy to use this shape wheel to do that. You could even take it with you during a class bathroom break time and use it for review in the hallway. You can download it here at Liz's Early Learning Spot.






Animation gif from DonnaYoung.org

I found this wonderful website that shows how letters are properly formed. My son is a 4th grader but still struggles (like many!) with readable handwriting. We are using this to show him correct formations. This would be wonderful to pull up on a SmartBoard,computer, or tablet. The website is Donna Young's Manuscript Handwriting Animations. Check it out!

So I have been working on my mad drawing skills. This week I worked on some monsters. I have no idea why but I always associate cute monsters with Valentine's. This one I called "Lovey Dovey Monster" and you can buy this guy and other colorful versions HERE at my TPT store.




I also have some FREE sparkle hearts for you todownload HERE at TPT. I am already getting ready for Valentine’s Day!

Before I dive into my book I have to share this funny...get it?!?!






 photo tinasig8-7-14_zpsd9a78e1a.jpg

No comments: