Sunday, January 18, 2015

Because-feelings.


I am trying my hardest to embrace taking a break in my career and being a stay-at-home mom homeschooling my 4th grader. Trying is the key word. There are times I want to be back in the fold with other educators and students so badly I feel like I am going to burst at the seams!

There are times when I try to remind myself to enjoy this moment, to enjoy this time with my son (and pets). Then there are other times where I am thinking of the song, "Did I Shave My Legs for This?" Only more like "Did I Stay Home for This?"

I dont know why I have such difficulty enjoying the moment. Maybe because I have a Type A personality. I can be OCD and perfectionist when it comes to myself. Not others, only myself. I am also a workaholic and very passionate about my career. I really only feel of use when I am out there in the world helping othersspecifically helping others with literacy.
I dont know why but I never really had that housekeeper and cooking gene. I do it, but not very well (especially the cooking part). And definitely not enthusiastically.

Now dont get me wrong, I love homeschooling. I love my son. But once our school day is complete, I am a little lost. Oh, laundry calls my name and my little doggies jump all over me, but I feel like I miss that feeling of being involved, the feeling of being out on the forefront of educational endeavors and rubbing elbows with teachers, and smiling at students.


I should just say, "Hi. My name is Tina and I am no Donna Reed or Martha Stewart or even a GOOP."

I am going to challenge myself from now on to live in the NOW, to enjoy the NOW, and to find happiness in the NOW. 
 photo tinasig8-7-14_zpsd9a78e1a.jpg

No comments: