Thursday, August 7, 2014

Floor attack

This is day two of me staying at home. Homeschool does not start for a week and a half. Six years ago I was a stay-at-home mom and then I returned to teaching. Now I am staying at home again this year and homeschooling my 4th grader. Today I really set a goal of cleaning our floor. I know it sounds like no big whoop, but our house is 80 percent ceramic tile with grout. The rest of it is wood flooring. And we have pets. So I scrubbed it good, and looked around feeling like I had accomplished nothing since I only had the kitchen done and still had to attack the hall, living room and bathroom. I chugged some bottled water, ended up telling my dog “F being a housewife” and then continued on. Then I got the steam mop (my new bff) out and completed my job of attacking the ceramic flooring. Now my floor is clean enough to eat off of (but why would you?). And hopefully I sweated off a few pounds.
I have never been a domestic goddess. My mom taught me how to cook, clean and I had home ec in school BUT I never got the hang of any of that. I can bake and that is about it. I sew crooked, sometimes use too much bleach in the laundry and I am guilty of vacuuming Legos. J

Tina Winkle

No comments: