Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Making Messes with Red, White and Blue!




My favorite time of summer is coming! The 4th of July! I wanted to start looking for some 4th crafty ideas to help decorate around the house and I thought I would share what I find. I don't want my blog to be just focused on solely teaching reading, but also on things I love like being a mom, crafting, scrapbooking, my crazy family, teaching in general, gardening, photography, webby stuff, recipes, life tips and reading/writing. When I started blogging almost eight years ago, I did it to document my crazy, chaotic life as a mom. Then it evolved into teaching, then literacy and now it is back to being a beautiful mess. My life is a beautiful mess. :)

This would be a very quick and easy craft. I don't know about your family, but my parents (the grandparents) love getting anything with a hand or (stinky! hey, he's a boy) footprint on it!


If you have little ones, you could easily use plastic tumbler or decorative pieces instead of glass. I think it would easy to use an empty Ragu or pickle jar for this. You could add glitter, too!! 


This is a garland of fabric stars. If I tried to use a sewing machine, I would have holes in my thumbs. But I could use my fancy patterned scrapbook paper (very cheap at Hobby Lobby) to cut or punch out stars and then string them. I think I can do this one! :) Happy dance!

SassyDealz has a very creative idea of using forks dipped in paint to make fireworks! Genius!

For those of you who stocked up on flip flops during the Old Navy sale, Passion for Savings made these very easy-peasy patriotic flip flops by adding ribbon to them. 
Looking for some more ideas? 
They have over 15 fun and frugal 4th of July crafts HERE.

Here are some more links to get your craft on!






Spoonful

All Kids Network






No comments: