Wednesday, August 19, 2009

House Redux!

I have photos to share of our house re-do. Ummm...yeah I really did not think to take before photos but trust me, our house was borderline fugly. (Hint: If you look back through the archives you can probably see some of the house hot mess going on...) The living room carpet was only 3 years old but I had picked out forest green thinking it would hide stains. Three years later, I never want to see green carpet again! We tiled the living room, kitchen (yeah this is the like 4th kitchen floor we have changed in the 8 years I have owned it), and new bathroom tile. I like tile. Sooooo easy to clean ceramic tile with my steamer. So easy to wipe up spills. And so much better for our allergies.
Oh and I have to share my favorite quote with you!
"A good home must be made, not bought."
- Joyce Maynard
(as seen on Thrifty Decor Chick blog-thanks!)
So here we go...
Here's the tile:
Photobucket
bathroom:
We wanted the theme to be vintage and French. We wallpapered the wall and did a copper/gold treatment on it.
Photobucket

Photobucket
The outlets have stone plates.
Photobucket

Photobucket
This copper mirror was a wedding gift from my cousin Carlos. It actually inspired the wall treatment and fit in well with the theme.
Photobucket
French print
Photobucket

Photobucket
bathroom mirror edge
Photobucket
hook for hand towels
Photobucket
hook for large towels
We said goodbye to towel bars!!
Photobucket
The faucet. Love the bronze look!
Photobucket
Soap dispenser.
Photobucket
This is a decorative piece that sits on the sink vanity. I found it at Hobby Lobby and squealed (really!) because it matched the sink and my theme so well and it was on clearance!
Photobucket
Vanity/sink.
Photobucket
Photobucket
The bathroom trim. I stained it myself. :) We have it running on the top of the walls,too, and smaller ones on the edges.
Photobucket
TP holder. We put it vertically instead of horizontal.
Photobucket
Shower curtain with new bronze hooks. From Home Depot.
Photobucket
Photobucket
My lights. My love. :)
Photobucket
My favorite piece! The gold and copper fish soap dish. Made of glass.
Livingroom:
Photobucket
I love the trim!!! Seriously I love it chunky.
Photobucket
I am all about frames with no photos. I was really lucky my mom gave me these heavy,heavy brass frames from India. She had painted them white and they look great in my house now! I think I have about 20 of them. :)
Photobucket
Photobucket
The entry way to Harrison's room.
Photobucket
He has a new vinyl robot on his door from Michael's.
Photobucket
living room
Photobucket
Ceiling fan.
Photobucket
Front door. The cross above the door has a prayer blessing everyone who enters and leaves.
Photobucket
New red cover for leather cub chair.
Photobucket
This print has so much meaning for us. I bought it online from Red Velvet Art (my fave store!), and I gave it to Ben for Valentine's because he loves The Pixies and this is one of their lyrics. But I also have always nicknamed Harrison "La" because that is how he cried when he was a newborn. It sounded like "La a la..." So its cute that it says La La I Love You on the picture. Oh, and it totally fits our living room. Serendipity, I tell you!
Photobucket

Photobucket
Shabby chic key from Hobby Lobby.
Photobucket
Our new flatscreen. And yes, that is a wooden time out chair.
Photobucket
This armoire holds all our computer and printer stuff. It keeps the ugly stuff outta view.
Photobucket
New curtain rods, new valance and wood blinds.
Photobucket
These are vintage steel stars from some older building knocked down in OKC.
Kitchen:
Photobucket
This candlelabra is hanging by the dining table. We got it from ebay.
Photobucket
Custom pantry my husband Ben built. Yes, built.
Photobucket
It is floor to bottom and made of pine. I painted it French Chocolate. Love it!!!
Photobucket
Kinda blurry but this is our new kitchen window.
I love it soooo much!
So that's the deets on our home renovation. And my dog Kipper aka DJ Kipper approves!
Photobucket
Photobucket

7 comments:

Angela said...

I love hanging the toilet paper holder vertical! I might try that in the boys' bathroom. I know, all those pics and I loved the toilet paper holder. I also love the treatment you did on the wallpaper!!

Tammy James said...

I love your kitchen window and family room tiles! the trim in the family room is great too, thanks for the ideas as we are beginning to head down this road too.

Pearl said...

wow ! lovely pics to take in ! very well done this reno, Tina ! you ought to be mighty pleased with the results !

Melissa Goodsell said...

The soap dish is gorgeous! Gosh, you've been busy.

Sarah @ Thrifty Decor Chick said...

Ohhh I LOVE THAT BATHROOM!! I have that same soap dispenser in ours!! And I am done with towel rods too!! Love the tp holder upright -- why didn't I think of that??

Euphoria said...

WOWZA- fancy shmancy!!! LOVE IT ALL!

twinklescrapbooks said...

Thank you for all the sweet comments! :)
tina