Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Hey, Who Are You?

It's meeeeee!!! I am back after a week off.
Sometimes a busy, tired mom just has to take a break,you know?
Our days of summer are dwindling...the pool toys have all deflated from bite marks (thanks,dogs) and the school supply lists are monopolizing the store aisles. And I am a little blue to tell you the truth. Don't get me wrong I adore Fall. Mmm...baking apples, crunching in leaf piles, and non-sweaty weather. But I hate saying bye to the lazy days (really lazy in my case) of summer!
Oh, behold!! Our first bounty (okay,not) from our garden...I give you Mr. Zucchini.
Photobucket
We planted late so that why we just now got our first veggie. I cannot wait for the tomatoes to turn red.
I did some creating during my hiatus...
Photobucket
card
Photobucket
Layout for my art journal...trying a new style for me...stepping outside of my box!
Photobucket
I made thank you cards for Harrison--80s style and I wanted something boyish.
Next on my plate? Harrison and I are going to make these:
Photobucket
I love finding inexpensive ideas here.
http://dollarstorecrafts.com/

Photobucket

Photobucket

A toy website called ebeanstalk has a group of child experts that help select great learning toys and toys for kids of all ages, from baby toys, toys for 1 year olds, toys for 2 year olds, etc. I received the Activity Bus from Plan Toys who makes green developmental toys and this is what I think of the toy:

Harrison loved it!
Photobucket
See? His dinosaurs love it as well...
Photobucket
Argh...it came with two brightly colored wood people.
It is from Plan Toys.
http://www.plantoysusa.com/
Why do we love it?
From their web site: "PlanToys practices the "Three R's" of green living: Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle. Our manufacturing processes are designed to reduce waste and save energy. We reuse materials, and have introduced innovative methods to recycle paper and other products. We are always looking for new ways to improve and preserve our environment. "
We love their stuff because
A. They are green. (See above).
B. Wood toys are hardy (trust me my son is rough!), unique (hard to find in stores), and clean up easily (hello, baby wipes!).
C. I don't have to worry about lead paint or unusual un-pronounceable chemicals in my child's toy. He puts it in his mouth and I don't have to worry about calling Poison Control! (Seriously, I had to throw away toys during the lead recall a year ago or so).
D. I love the colors and variety.
E. Most important--pricing! I have seen their catalog and love the affordability. I would buy more toys from the catalog for sure.
So check it out. Christmas is just around the corner!(Yes, I have started my Christmas shopping).
Harrison got his first tattoo, btw. LOL
Photobucket

Photobucket
We have been hanging at the zoo and science museum lately. I am totally in love with the white peacock at the zoo! I wish she/he? could come home with me...oh I bet it's a he because the she's never get the pretty long feathers. Bummer.
Photobucket
P.S. This is what happens when 4 year olds get a hold of cameras...
Photobucket
Photobucket

2 comments:

ChaChaneen said...

Wow a white peacock? I never knew that color was, well existed. Is it albino perhaps? The spiderman pic is funny. Lol lol. I like to make journals too so I can totay appreciate your covers and pages. Have a great Friday!

RootsAndWingsCo said...

You always find great stuff! I love this toy store. Thanks for the find.

I agree that it's a shame those pretty white feathers can't be on the girl peacock's too! Beautiful!

Rebecca