Friday, August 14, 2009

Featured Friday-Sarah Miller

Guess what time it is chickadees???
Photobucket
Featured Friday!!! Have you missed it like I have? I think its been a month or so...
Today we are going to look at Sarah Miller's unique and fun creations!
Photobucket
Sarah!
1.Tell us a little about yourself.

I’m a wife, mother of four grown great kids, and a grandmother. I’ve been an artist since as long as I remember. I’m almost six feet tall on a good day.
Photobucket
Thanksgiving card. Love it!
2.What inspires you?

What inspires me is everything. I know that sounds like a cop out, but I get really blessed by looking at nature, people, fabric, some artistic blogs and I loved Home Companion magazine, but it is not published anymore…bummer.
Photobucket
Way cute!!!

3.What advice would you give to a beginner?

Depends on what type of beginner. If this beginner is a creator, of any sort, they should practice, practice, practice. Hang out with other creative people. Inspiration flows like lava in a group of creative folks.

4.What is your favorite medium or tool to work with?

My favorite medium is watercolor, then fabric. I’m also a nut about paper-crafting.
Photobucket
Very spring-y!
5. How do you find time to create?

I have health issues so I actually block out times on my calendar, and if I’m having a bad health day I move the time to the next day.
Photobucket
Summer card :) I love how it unfolds!!

6.Where do you spend most of your time creating?

In my laundry room where my studio is located.

Photobucket
This card is so elegant for Mother's Day and I love the colors!
7.What got you started?

I’m from a long line of artists; all it took was a crayon.
Photobucket
I love how the ribbon is woven around the edges of this Thanksgiving card.
8.How would you describe your style?

Realistic
Photobucket
Stunning.
Photobucket
I really adore this yo-yo Christmas tree and want one myself!!!
9.What do you enjoy most about creating?

It is a stress reliever.
Photobucket
Adorable sunflower basket!
Photobucket
The inked edges are an awesome touch!
10.Where can we see more of your work?
You can see my artwork on www.stetlerarts.com and my paper-crafting art on http://stetlerarts.blogspot.com


Thank you Sarah!!! :) Much love!

Photobucket

No comments: