Wednesday, July 1, 2009

No paint for you!!!!

Photobucket
Sorry the paint offer has run out of the limited quantities. :(
How about an update on the chaos that is my house right now??
These were the competing paint colors for the living room...
Photobucket
I actually wanted the one on the right but accidentally got the one on the left (I had sent Ben with the order). It all turned out okay because the living room is painted and I LOVE it!!!
The bathroom is 99% done--just waiting to go buy a piece of trim, stain it, poly it and hang it before I show you the finished pic of our bathroom. The bathroom tile is done and the living room tile is getting grout tomorrow. Now I have to find a big rug!
Kitchen--uggghhhh. No tile in their yet (still in their tidy l'il boxes), and now I have decided Ben needs to build a large pantry in one corner.
Not the best pic but this is tp holder (so glam, I know)...
Photobucket
Well, it's on the wall now. We have matching hooks for the towels.
Photobucket
Bathroom lights! Also, already up at this point.
Photobucket
A corner of the bathroom mirror.
Photobucket
The vanity before it was installed.
Our bathroom is the nicest place in the house now. Is that weird??
So the temp here in Oklahoma has been in the 100s. I am not a warm weather lady. I sweat a lot. I know women are supposed to glisten but I s-w-ea-t. Remember Chris Farley? Its like that but I don't live in a van down by the river.
So I have been keeping cool by wearing tank tops, jumping in the pool when its unbearable, complaining, drinking a zillion Sonic slushes and eating these:
Photobucket
Photobucket
happy birthday Pictures, Images and Photos
Happy Belated Birthday to my Aunt Judy!!! Her bday was June 23rd but like a heel I sent her a card a few days later. (Blush).
Oh, and Ben and I had our 6th anniversary on June 28th.
Photobucket
I did remember that but no gifts, only hugs and kisses were exchanged this year. (Especially since I quit my job last week and we are working on the house.)
So the 4th is on its way!!! I painted my nails blue with white tips. They are distracting me right now as I type!
Check out this lady's nails:
Photobucket
(Photo Link)
This is my inspiration for next year!
This is our 4th agenda:
-Parade in our town
-BBQ at Melisa's
-Come home and swim
-Fireworks
-Camping in the backyard and smore making!
Photobucket
What are you doing to celebrate? I would love to hear...



Photobucket

6 comments:

Blondie ~ Vintage Primitives said...

Wow! You really have been B-U-S-Y!
I have a link for you:
We The People Stimulus Package http://www.youtube.com:80/watch?v=jeYscnFpEyA

I am off to check your hubs blog. I am so sick in my heart and spirit over the stupidity of so many in this great nation

Marie Reed said...

I'm color blind so I can't tell the difference between the colours anyway! :) I'm sure that it's gorgeous though!

Veronica Lee said...

Someone has been busy, busy, busy!!!

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

Oh man, I am still gigglin' about your Chris Farley comment! Heck, I don't "perspire" either, I sweat.
Your bathroom is fabulous! Love that vanity. I tried to get the free paint but I was too late.
Your nails are perfectly patriotic!
We'll be spendin' part of our 4th of July at a tea party then we'll scoot over to my mama's for some grillin'.
Happy Independence Day to you and yours! :> )
~Peanut

urbancraft said...

I love the picture of 2 people making a heart shape! And those nails, wow, that takes me back to the south side of chicago. Super long fake nails with all the decor for every season & holiday changed weekly. This was people I knew, by the way, not me. The best one I've seen was a woman with long fake nails that had a hole in the tip and a charm hanging from them. Her nails had accessories! It was crazy!

twinklescrapbooks said...

Thanks for the link Blondie!

Marie love your Kermit avatar. :)

Yup, Veronica I have been busy. I am going to post pics soon of the finished areas of our house. :)

Peanut, a tea party sounds like fun!!

Urbancraft, LOL about the nails. My friend Jessica calls them "hooker nails!"

:) tina