Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Dry Spell

Writer's Block. Missing my mojo. I am going through a scrapbooking dry spell! Things have been rough in Craftyland. So I actually sat down and did two digi pages. Are you proud? I am!
Here they are...
Photobucket
I am so thankful for the love in my life!
Photobucket
My little sparkler!!

So tell me your secret--how do you get your creative juices flowing?
Even if you are not a crafter/artist/scrapbooker--how do you get motivated??
Tips please!
More good news! I have a Featured Friday artist for my blog this Friday! Yay!!! You'll love her.
Photobucket
Mmmmm!!!
Photobucket
We had fruit pizza for dessert the other day and it was so yummy! I was super surprised at how easy it was to make! I got the recipe from Family Fun magazine.
Photobucket
Here's the recipe:

Fruit Pizza!

Crust:
1 pound purchased pizza dough or make your own (*We bought the refrigerated Pillsbury kind in the can)
1 Tablespoon melted butter
2 Tablespoons sugar

Frosting:
1 8 oz. package cream cheese at room temp.
¼ c. sugar
1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest, optional
½ teaspoon vanilla extract

Topping:
Assorted sliced fruit

1. Heat the oven to 400°.

2. Spread the dough in an ungreased 12-inch pizza pan. Brush on the butter and sprinkle on the 2 tablespoons of sugar. Bake the crust until it's golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes. Cool the crust on a wire rack.

3. In a medium-size bowl, combine the frosting ingredients with a rubber spatula. Stir until smooth.

4. Spread the frosting over the cooled crust. Gently press in the fruit. Serves 12.

Photobucket
They have other amazing recipes like this Watermelon Smoothie!
Photobucket
And this Apple Frog!
Too cute.


Photobucket

4 comments:

Kevin said...

We just started getting Family Fun and it is a neat magazine. It is so crafty that I actually thought of you and wondered if you knew about it... and you do... big surprise!
Oh and I just veg and watch movies when I'm not feeling crafty. Sometimes you have to have things come in instead of letting them go out.

Court said...

Oh sorry that was me... didn't realize hubs was still signed in...

Veronica Lee said...

Those look yummy! Thanks for sharing.

Tracy M. said...

Oh man that fruit pizza looks delicious! I like your pages too.
Take care,
Tracy M.