Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day "Hangover"?

It has been a long time, bloggy friend!I guess I have been a little lazy since it was Mother's Day weekend. I have a ton of blog surfing to do,too,to visit my reader's sites. Sorry I am so behind on "stalking". LOL
So today let's talk about the latest and greatest parenting aides out there--things that will save you time, money, headaches,etc...
I am not affiliated with any of these products or companies, nor am I endorsing them. I just searched for fun stuff online.
Photobucket
1. Lunch notes!! Remember when your mom would leave little notes in your lunch box?? It was embarasing but inside your heart felt warm.
You can buy a pack of inspiring (and cute!) notes for under $5!
Link here
Photobucket
2. Bags! These handy bags from The Baggler are good to keep in your car if you forget your bags, don't want to use plastic, or if you need to tote stuff around town. You get 3 for $9.99.
Link here
Photobucket
3. Easy craft activities all in one place!!! I saw this on Parents.com. It is called "My Giant Busy Box" and it has 16 projects to keep your kids busy for hours. This would be great to pull out on a rainy day,huh? $33 for one box.
Photobucket
4. Safety tats!!! This is super cool. It is a child safety tattoo with your phone # (or any other personalized info) so if you are in a public place or your kiddo is on a field trip your info is on them! You get 30 tats for 19.95.
Link here
Photobucket
5. Mismatched socks!! I wear mismatched socks a lot because honestly I give up searching and just grab whatever catches my eye. No, I am not like my mom and match every pair as I fold clothes. LOL So imagine my delight when I found Little Miss Matched! They have funky, cute socks and none of them match!!! You get 3 socks for $8.
Link here
So that's it for now...I would love to do this once a week or so.
Thank you for reading my finds! I hope you had an awesome weekend!
P.S. Before I sign off, look at these cute envelopes I saw on flickr (Tara Anderson's flickr). She made them herself out of old maps and scrapbook paper! What a fun project!
Photobucket
Photobucket

11 comments:

Lille Diane said...

OMGoodness! This post is full of great info, Tina! Happy Mother's Day to you, too!

I am playing a wonferful game of tag with a few other creative blogger's I enjoy following. I tagged you in today's post. Tag others only if you wish to--no pressure at all. I just happen to think you're WONDERFUL!

Veronica Lee said...

Thanks for the follow. I'm following your blog too.

twinklescrapbooks said...

Thank you friends!!! :)
Hugs,
tina

urban craft said...

Mother's Day hangover totally explains what I had. FOr some reason I felt like having donuts. The really bad ones and had a sugar high (and crashes) the whole day.
I can't wait for my little guy to get bigger so that I can get him into craft projects.

Melinda said...

I absolutely love the notecards!

Blondie ~ Vintage Primitives said...

Hey Kiddo
I am waaayyy behind in my blog surfing as well - thanks for peeking in today.
Love those envelopes! What an industrious gal!
Also, why didn't they have neato things like that when my kids were young? I always had to handwrite little love notes. Very few stamps were available back in those days. LOL.
Thinking of you most fondly.
Blondie

onna@toddlercraft.net said...

Love that busy box!! It looks great!! Cute sox too!! Hope you had a great mother's day !!

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

I love the lunch notes! My mama always left me notes in my lunchbox. :> )
I also love the mismatched socks!
~Karin

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

Cool stuff!! I really like the bag carrier thing!

Euphoria said...

hope you had a great mommas day!

I love those map envelopes- too cool!

twinklescrapbooks said...

Hey Sunshines!
Thank you for the sweet comments. Lillie Diane-I just posted it! :)
tina