Saturday, May 23, 2009

Better late than never!!!!

Photobucket
So my Featured Friday, uh Saturday! artist is my husband Ben Winkle!!!:)
He pretty much rocks.
Photobucket
And I am adding him as a blog contributor so he will start sharing art and craft techniques along with commentaries here and there.
Photobucket
Here we are on our wedding day--almost 6 years ago.
1. Tell us a little about yourself.

I am a graduate of Oklahoma State University. I have a degree in fine arts and I am also certified to teach art. I have taught art for the past eleven years in Oklahoma public schools. I have taught all grade levels 1st through 12th. I am married to a wonderful woman and I have son who is very artistic.
Photobucket
2.What inspires you?

I am inspired by everyday life and pop culture. I tend to look at the obscurity of human nature and how it effects life.
Photobucket
3.What advice would you give to a beginner?

Stay true to yourself. Art is about passion and expression.
Photobucket
4.What is your favorite medium or tool to work with?

I prefer to draw with a pencil, but I also like to paint. I prefer watercolor over paint media. I also like to dabble with oil pastel.
Photobucket
5.How do you find time to create?

I try make time between job and home life.
Photobucket
6.Where do you spend most of your time creating?

I create in the living room in front of the television.
Photobucket
7.What got you started?

Comic books and I had some friends that liked to draw, so I started drawing and I could not stop.
Photobucket
8.How would you describe your style?

Whimsical realism meets old style comic books.
Photobucket
9.What do you enjoy most about creating?

The passion and the intensity.
Photobucket
10.List your sites or sites we can see your gallery on.
Photobucket
I have not set up an official gallery yet but you can see my stuff here on my wife's blog.

Thank you honey! :)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Summer's here! We put the pool up and I am so proud to tell you Harrison has been going under water, holding his breath. This is a milestone because last year he was too scared to even try.
Photobucket
Happy Memorial Day weekend. God Bless all those serving, who have served and those that are all around proud Patriots of the USA.
Photobucket

7 comments:

Terrie B x said...

Hi Tina:)
Fab Friday Post!!!TFS
Yahahah way to go on your hubbies feature....
beautiful photo of you both!!!
`Happy Memorial Day`
Harrissons rainbow is sooo cool!!!
Enjoy the rst of your weekend:)x

MoMo sprnany said...

Tina,
I got my RAK today and I just wanted to say thank you so much! these stickers and chipboard are wonderful! Have a great weekend!

Court said...

Oh my goodness your kiddos must be creative! How neat! (And I must not hide this link so hubby doesn't find it... he is obsessed with comic books and all things related)

Pearl said...

So very sweet Tina ! this rawks ! how fab that hubby & son are all artistic , like you !

onna@toddlercraft.net said...

How cool! Loved hearing about your husband! He is very creative. I love his drawing!! Look forward to seeing more of his work!

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

Nice guest post!

twinklescrapbooks said...

Thank you for all your sweet comments!!!!
Monique, I am so happy you got the RAK. :) Hope you enjoy!
Have a great day ladies!!!!
hugs,
tina