Friday, April 10, 2009

Featured Friday!!!!-Terrie Bailey!

Photobucket
Yay! It's Friday and you know what that means...our spotlight this week is on Terrie Bailey. :)

1: Terrie, tell us a little about yourself!

Hi! I am Terrie, and I have been crafting for just three years now.I have been married to Scott for 16 years.I have two grown up children and two adorable Grandchildren.
I love lots of colors for different reasons but if I had to choose a favorite it would have to be….Red…..oh!! And Pink of course.(Is two ok?)lol..
One of my favorite songs is by Enya: China Roses …I find it very relaxing. I don’t know why I love it but I do!
I am not really a big fan of movies or TV. Very seldom do I watch it.
I think Angela’s Ashes has to be a film that sticks in my memory that I watched though. It was a very moving film very close to my heart at that time of my life.

Photobucket
I would love to get a card like this!
Photobucket
I adore this girly page. :)
Photobucket
Loves it! I really like the blue color and embossing.
2: So what inspires you?

I find inspiration from everything and everywhere! My Grandchildren inspire me immensely.One of the greatest forms of inspiration are blogs. The amount of creativity from different creators inspires me.Sometimes a simple color or the use of a word might inspire me to create.

Photobucket
Hehe. I like how the woman on the card is tied up like a present!
Photobucket
Awesome blossom!
3: Do you have any advice to beginners?

I don’t really have any advice to give a beginner crafter. The only good advice I can give is invest in good quality tools. Scissors are a must and are great for a multitude of things.
Especially if you don’t have the funds to buy all those latest gadgets that are out.
You will probably get more pleasure from the creating side that way too.
Look in magazines and ask if you need to understand something. The Internet is a fab way to find out the basics in craft. Google is a great place!You are your own best critic. Don't be afraid to experiment. Play--after all many of the best creations come from
"happy accidents".But most of all,enjoy what you do because that’s what matters the most.

Photobucket
Awesome distressing technique on the edges. I like how the embellishment looks like a tattoo,too.

4: What is your favorite medium to work with?

My favorite mediums are inks,stamps,Marvy Le Plume pens and Sakura pens.I love acrylic paints,too.

Photobucket
This card reminds me of candy. So sweet!
Speaking of candy look at this treat bag...
Photobucket

5: Have you ever taken a photo that speaks to you?

I have lots of photos I love. Some of my favorites are the one’s of my Grandchildren.I particularly love the photo of the boats. I took this at the channel side where we live.
Photobucket
I love the stillness of the picture. It doesn’t show the full daylight or sun .But I love how the picture shows the light reflecting in the water.
Her grandkids are too cute!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Adorable.
Photobucket
Total cuteness!
Photobucket
Terrie really has eye for color and elegance.
Photobucket
I think its really neat how she added stitching. Kind of like doodling with stitches. Very cool technique!
6: Do you find yourself setting goals?
I don’t particularly have any goals in life. I try and take it one day at a time. If anything great comes along then I see it as a bonus!
Photobucket
Awesome Christmas papercrafting!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I love how Terrie tied a bow on the card. So feminine and cute!
7: What is your process like?

My process is random.So depending on my mood or feelings.
I often just like to dive straight in there and see what comes of things.If it works all well and good. If it doesn't-so what? What have I lost?
I love creating from sketches. I find it’s a good starting point for me if I am having difficulty finding my mojo.I think it is good to follow sketches if you’re lacking in inspiration. I love trying to incorporate my own ideas. It takes you to places that you might not reach out to usually.Plus setting you aside from the everyday all too often "same old same old" we fall into.

Photobucket
Her cards are embellished but not overwhelming. Pretty!
8: How would you describe your style?

My style often reflects my mood.I don’t know how I would describe my style. I would probably like to think that I have many styles….from
pretty to shabby chic. I adore the shabby chic feel to crafting though.
I often get told..that people know when I’ve created something by the style I present???? Referring to it as..shabby chic with a modern twist????
Hopefully I give a good mix.

Photobucket
9: What do you enjoy most about creating? What got you started?

I love the self satisfaction I feel after I’ve created. Be it something for someone on a personal level or just something I created because I wanted to is self satisfying.
I love creating with my grandson who is four.How children see things opens a whole new world.Nothing is more satisfying than that.
I cannot believe how excited I can get with a tiny piece of paper or an old button or just experimenting with new techniques.
I started crafting three years ago. It was health reasons for me. I won’t bore you all with the details. But like so many other crafters it helps me in more ways than many.
I am so grateful that I found so many people through crafting who share that passion and am truly proud to be able to say that some of who I know will be lifelong friends.

10: Where can we see more of your work?

You can find my creations at
http://terriebaileys.blogspot.com/



Thank you Terrie!!!
So it is time to announce the giveaway winner for the stamp sets!
Random.org spoke to us LOL and the winner is.....
Photobucket
#2 Jessica Gonacha!!!!
Woohoo! Jessica congrats and email me at harrisonsmommy1@yahoo.com with your mailing address and I will get that out asap. :)


Had to share this cute video with ya.
Oh, and I found this post so touching!
Before I take off for the weekend, I would like to say "Have a Hoppy Easter!"

Photobucket

7 comments:

*fauve* said...

Great inspiration,TFS!

Tracy M. said...

Beautiful things! Thank you for sharing all the lovely pictures.
Tracy M.

Terrie B x said...

`Thankyou` soooo much Tina...I am truly honoured...
`WoW` you `Rock`
`Happy Easter to you and yours ..
Have a lovely time...
and thanks once again:)♥

Pearl said...

O how nice to see a familiar inspiring , crafty pal on your Featured Friday , Tina !

Great spotlight & getting to know more of Terrie here ! woot !

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

Oh my! Such wonderful visuals!!

Dawn said...

Terrie is a fantastic card designer and such a lovely lady - I'm always in awe at how she creates her textures and layers!

This is my first visit here - great blog!

Bone*Head*Studios said...

Tina,
That was a great interview!!! I love her card designs, I get my ideas for my hang tags from scrapbookers!!!hehehe!!Her pictures are beautiful!!BTW your blog looks very yummy, love the colors!!!
blessings,
Flora