Friday, April 24, 2009

Featured Friday!!!!-Mandee Gillen













This week's Featured Friday is someone near and dear to my heart! My online friend Mandee aka Madge!!! Check her out!

1. Madge,tell us a little about yourself!!

Photobucket

{Mandee}

My name is Mandee Gillen but I am know by Madge or scrappinmadge.
Hmmmmmm.... There is so much to tell hahaha. I am 32 years old and am married to the love of my life. I have two beautiful girls and two awesome dogs. I love to spend time with my friends and family. Oh and did I mention that I love to scrap? Yup, I have to say that I love, love, love it:) My favorite color is Pink (any shade) I love this color because it makes me feel happy. My favorite song is (this is a hard ??? which one do I choose) well how about the song that best descibes me? Pocketfull of Sunshine by:Natasha Bendingfield. I love to read (mainly vampire series) love love love Twilight the series and the movie. Could Edward be any hotter? Geesh. My favorite movie of all time is drum roll please.............................................................."Nacho Libre" ha ha Jack Black gets me everytime.

Photobucket

Madge's "I'm 8" card!! I love how she has an eye for design!


2. What inspires you?

I have several things that inspire me. First of all my Husband and kids inspire me, they make me the person that I am today. Next I would have to say my friends. They are always coming up with so many ideas and funny things, they keep the air light and me remembering that life is to short to be serious relax and enjoy. Magazines: I love Scrapbook Trends Magazine, along with the card mag made by the same company.








Scrapbook Trends Magazine--great mag!

http://scrapbooktrendsmag.com I also like to browse the mag, Creating Keepsakes.http://creatingkeepsakesmagazine.com
(They are the only mags that I subscribe to hee hee)
Photobucket

Elsie Flanningan's Book--52 Scrapbooking Challenges
Oh and who could forget the awesome Elsie Flannigan she roc
ks...visit her blog http://www.abeautifulmess.typepad.com/

Photobucket
A scrapbook page by Elsie!


3. What advice would you give to a beginner?

To find your own style and stick with it. Don't change your style to be like someone else find your nitch and stick with it. You can always adapt and make other styles work with yours.
Scrapping defines you and your personality, there is no wrong way to scrap!

4. So what is your favorite medium or tool to work with?


Circle punches. They are my all time fav, I have all of the sizes and use them so often

5. What is your favorite photo you have ever taken?

This photo is of my sweet daughter Januaree.
Photobucket

I love this pic!!!
She is so serious but yet it shines with her personality. Sassy, onry, tweenager and full of life:)

6. Do you set goals?

My goals, I would really like to get published using one of my layouts or cards. I have been submitting and hope that, that happens sooner than later, Also my goal is to make my mom a digital book using all of my grandmas old photos. In order to do this I have to find out where she is stashing them and then take them, scan them in and get them back before she would know they were gone. I was hoping by Moth
ers Day, but since that is quickly approching I have decided for Christmas of this year.

7. Madge, what is your process like when you start to create?

I just dive in. I usually do my best work in the middle of the night that's what I call when I am on a ROLL!! It is hard for me to get my engine working but when it does I go to town..

8. How would you describe your style?

Hmmmm... Isn't everyone unique in their own way? Let's see my style is hybrid, fun, bright, grunge, well lets just say if I had to choose who I scrap like that is a Scrap Celeb, it would be Elsie Flannigan.


Photobucket

"I love you" card. I {heart} this card!!!

9. What do you enjoy most about creating? What got you started?

I enjoy the finished product, to see friends and family come over and visit, to see them pick up a mini album or one of my big albu
ms it just makes my heart smile. That right there is the reason why I do what I do. (of course it is fun, relaxing and great for the brain to create) What got me started was my mom. Bless her heart, she has all of our pics from when we were little in a LARGE cardboard box not in any specific order just pure craziness. So when I was in high school I thought I would try and attempt to make me a "scrapbook" haha you know the kind that you peel back the plastic sheet and the page is sticky? I know they are a big no no now days and I have since redone alot of that album, but you all have done a scrapbook like that haven't you? Anyway ever since then, I swore that my kids wouldn't have to dig around in a big box of pics to see themselves when they were little. You know I love ya mom!!

10. Where can we see more of your work??


Photobucket

7 comments:

onnaholl-FreebieTrader said...

I love reading your featured friday posts!! Madge seems like my kind of gal!! I always try to see the positive in things, I think it makes life much better!! Life is to short to not enjoy the moment! I love the I am 8 card.
Onna@
http://toddlercraft.net

Amy said...

I am one of the lucky ones to know this sweet girl personally and she is AMAZING! Check out her blog for sure!

Court said...

What cute cards. I do love that eight one, what a cool idea to have it be a circle.

Pearl said...

another rawking spotlighton Madge, Tina !

Isn't it great to see some of the Elsie Flannigan inspo again - She really was ahead of her time !

I just made some cards last night incorporating some of her early products ! ( no use hoarding - the adhesive on some of the stickers were already useless !!! ) & really couldn't help admiring her style yet again !

onnaholl-FreebieTrader said...

I tagged you on my blog!!

twinklescrapbooks said...

Thanks Onna! I just emailed you :)

Terrie B x said...

`Fabulous` Spotlight Tina..TFS...
Wonderful Inspiration..
TFS
Hope your having a lovely weekend:)♥