Monday, April 27, 2009

A Blog Story


Normally I only feature people on Fridays (aka Featured Fridays) but today I really wanted to take the time to talk about an awesome blog I love--Toddlercraft!!!!
Here is my interview with the blog owner-Onna. I think it is nice to get a blogging perspective from a fellow blogger. Plus, I {heart} her blog! She interviewed me and I interviewed her.










Onna

What is your name and blog's name/url?


My name is Onna and my blog is called Toddlercraft.

http://toddlercraft.net

How long have you been blogging?

I started my first blog in June which is about how I make money online through Freebie Trading. I started my Toddler Craft blog in February. I had wanted to start it sooner, but hadn't had the time.

Why did you start blogging?

Initially I started on my freebie blog to talk about how I got started and help others get started. I found I enjoyed it and wanted to write about the crafts and parenting ideas I had. I run a small home daycare with my kids and wanted to share some of our fun. I also like the fact that this let's me use my educator mind more!!

How would you describe your blog??
Toddler Craft is a blog dedicated to fun, educational & simple craft ideas for kids 1-7. It also features parenting tips and stories.

What do you do for a living? Is this your job, a hobby, etc.?


I was a school Counselor in a Middle School until my son was 2. I then left my job to be home with my kids until they are both in school. I run a small day care and make money online freebie trading. I hope to have my blog be my job one day!! I really love blogging and would like to dedicate more time to it!

Who is your typical blog reader? Can you describe him/her?

A mom/ dad or grandparent looking for fun, educational activities to do with their children. Also a parent looking for advice or other ideas on things like getting your child to sleep, potty training, stopping a bottle etc.

About how much time do you spend blogging per day?

A few hours.

Tell us why someone should subscribe to your blog.

I am always working on new ideas that are geared to the age group of 1-7. So there is always something new to learn about, ex a craft, activity, parenting tip. I try to make my content simple and to the point, we are all busy and it is better to get your ideas and then go work on them !!

What advice do you have for other bloggers?

Pick something you are passionate about. Learn from other bloggers, Read about the best practices for blogging. Connect with other bloggers.

What are your top 3 favorite blogs?

Makes and Takes- I love Marie's crafts.

http://www.makeandtakes.com/

2 Sets of Twins - Helen's writing cracks me up

http://2setsoftwins-helene.blogspot.com/


The Freebie Guy - Leslie offers great information on freebie trading and getting started.
http://thefreebieguy.net/

Be sure to visit Onna's blog to find fun crafts and parenting tips! http://toddlercraft.net
Thank you Onna!!!
Onna also tagged me on her blog. :)
Sweet!
This tag is called...Crazy Eights!

Rules:
~Mention the person that tagged you.

Onna tagged me (http://toddlercraft.net)


~Complete the lists of 8’s.
~Tag 8 blogger friends, go tell them you tagged them…

8 Things I Am Looking Forward To:

  1. Summer
  2. Swimming
  3. Always looking forward to paydays!!!
  4. National Scrapbooking Day! (this Saturday!!)
  5. Cinco de Mayo--going to see a mariachi band perform :)
  6. Gardening a lot
  7. Talking to my mom on the phone daily--always a perk!
  8. Sonic drinks--love Cherry Limeade!

8 Things I Did Yesterday:

  1. Worked!
  2. Took husband to dr. (had something in his eye from mowing)
  3. Facebook
  4. Laundry!
  5. watched Cloverfield
  6. gave my son a bath
  7. Loaded dishwasher
  8. Fed my pets

8 Things I Wish I Could do:

  1. Move lol! Just to another state...
  2. Wear a bikini!!!!
  3. Stop being shy!
  4. Read more!!
  5. Travel
  6. Become a better cook
  7. Spend more time with dh (date night--hello!)
  8. Eat whatever I wanted and not gain an ounce!!

8 Shows I Watch:

  1. Office
  2. Earl
  3. Monsterquest (I believe!)
  4. National news a lot
  5. Sprout tv--a lot (all their shows!)
  6. Lost
  7. Nancy Grace (sometimes)
  8. Spongebob

8 Favorite Fruits:

  1. Watermelon--love it!!!!
  2. Strawberries
  3. Oranges
  4. Pomengranate
  5. Raspberries
  6. Granny Smith Apples
  7. Cherries
  8. Kiwi

8 Places I’d Like to Travel:

  1. Colorado (again)
  2. Disneyworld or land
  3. France!
  4. New Zealand
  5. Texas (again)
  6. Alaska
  7. Ireland
  8. Anywhere on a cruise.

8 Places I’ve Lived:

  1. Oklahoma City,OK
  2. Fort Worth, TX
  3. My parent's house :)
  4. My house :)
  5. Grand Prairie, TX
  6. Calvillo, MX
  7. Cedar Hill, TX
  8. in a dorm room

If you’ve already played, disregard or send me a link so I can come see your list! Look forward to reading your crazy 8’s!

8 People I’m Tagging: (Click their names...)

1. Marie

2. Terrie

3.Court

4. Madge

5. Kylie

6. Monica

7. Ginny

8. Kimi Starr!

*This Wednesday I am going to give a tutorial on making your own custom blog headers and places to find free blog backgrounds/graphics!!!! So bring the bling on!

Photobucket

6 comments:

Kevin said...

Thanks for tagging me!

Court said...

Oops, that was me.... Court.

kimi said...

thanks for tagging me...I posted :) Thanks so much and I didn't know you used to live in TX. Where in OK do you live now?? I live in Coppell! So whenever you want to come and visit we need to get together!

onna@toddlercraft.net said...

Tina-Thanks so much!! That was fun!! Can't wait to read your post about headers!! Loved reading your crazy 8's!!

Onna

michelle said...

Great interview with Onna!

Marie Reed said...

Wow! I know this blog! Onna is such a sweetheart:) It made my day to read this interview and see her smiling face!