Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Up, Up and Away!!!!

Balloons Pictures, Images and Photos
(stock photo)
I feel like this right now.
March is a super month for me!!
Why?
-Two awesome people have birthdays this month: My cousin Alex (hi!) and my dear, sweet husband Ben. :) We are gonna party like its 1999. Okay, not really but I love celebrating birthdays. Mainly because I am a cake addict.
-Spring Break is *almost* here!!!! Which means more time with dh, the teacher.
-AND I am also happy because
I am in the March Page Maps!!!! Happy dance time!
Third picture down. :)
Photobucket

And I am in the March/April issue of Scrap 'N Art ezine!!!
It is on page 106...towards the back. :)
Photobucket
These are my first pubs so its a big deal to me. And no, I won't "toot" because when people use that word it makes me think of gas or something, so I will "woot."
Let's talk some more about cake!
I found this amazing site over the weekend that has been sucking up all my blog time. Seriously I have been laughing out loud so much my stomach is sore!
Here is something not so funny...magazines going bye bye. I was so sad over Domino, Simple Scrapbooks and now maybe Creating Keepsakes. I know more people turn to the web for inspiration but I still like the happy feeling I get when I open the mail box and its a magazine (not a bill!). I just subbed to Real Simple so I hope they stay afloat. I kinda knew CK was heading in this direction anyway due to all the 2Peas surfing I do.
Flickr has been one of my favorite sites lately to find stuff that I just adore.
These are my favorite Flickr finds this week:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Yaelfran's Flickr
Photobucket
Collage Images Group
Photobucket
Baby C's Flickr
Here are some more neat (to me!) links I have found lately:
~Scrapbooking/Craft Related~

Sophia Davis

Vera Lim Design

Roots and Wings Co.

Scrappin' Madge

The Scribble Project

~Parenting/Mommy Stuff~

A Lego A Day (found through Twitter)

The Little Experience

Photobucket
This site fits into both categories.
It is called "Style My Child." They customize your photos! I love the angel one. :)


P.S.
I guess I did toot. :) Excuse me...lol.
P.P.S. I updated all my links on my left sidebar so if you want to do some more blog surfing there are some awesome places!!!!

Photobucket

9 comments:

Marie Reed said...

Neat! Your on Twitter too? I soooo want to follow you now:)

One Creative Queen said...

WOOOOOOT!!! I'm absolutely THRILLED for you!! I'm going to hunt the mags down so I can see your work in person - and no, I wouldn't toot, either. (You're right - gas all the way, baby!) But I am sending you the biggest, warmest WOOT in the universe. That is SO awesome!

I agree, sad about CK - I didn't know that. :( I, too, love getting my magazines in the mail.

Thanks for the links - like I didn't have ENOUGH to do today. lol

Big CONGRATS to you darlin' - you deserve it!

xo,
Katherine

twinklescrapbooks said...

Thank you girls! You are so sweet. :)
Yep, my name on twitter is twinklescraps. I guess I did not think it through because sometimes it looks like twinkles-craps but you can't change a twitter name. :)

a print a day said...

i don't comment much, but i swear i love your blog.

Patty said...

Mmmm. I love cake too. I especially love cupcakes. I love your finds.

Janeen said...

Holy Smokin' Rockets! Look at you girlfriend, that is quite a post there! Congratulations! That is just wonderful. Enjoy the bliss and the woot. ha ha (That was funny)

And I'll take a slice of cake if there's left-overs! :) Have a great day!

fraizerbaz said...

Congratulations!

twinklescrapbooks said...

Thank you all for your sweet words. I am blushing!!!! :)
tina

Katie said...

I'd love for you to check out my kids art blog sometime ;)

OodlesofArt.blogspot.com

!~Katie