Thursday, March 5, 2009

Stained Glass Cookies

Photobucket
(not the actual cookie--I am just hungry).
Last week I taunted you with a future post regarding a recipe. Well, my semi-lazy/definitely crazy self finally got around to typing it!
I love to make Stained Glass Cookies at Christmas, but this year I am making them in shamrock shapes with only green crushed candies in the middle. These are a hit every cookie swap!

Stained Glass Cookies

Ingredients
1 cup sugar
2 sticks butter
2 eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
Assorted brightly colored, hard candies ~Lifesavers were used. For shamrocks, I use green only.
Cookie cutter~I used 1 large shape cookie cutter and 1 small shape cookie cutter
Instructions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In a mixer cream the sugar and butter until smooth. Add the egg and the vanilla extract. Mix in the flour. Remove the dough from the mixer and press into a rectangular shape. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.

Remove from the refrigerator and cut dough into 1/3. Roll out dough, 1 piece at a time to a 3/16-inch thickness. Cut out as many large shapes as possible. Repeat with all of the dough. Cut the center out of each large shape~I use a smaller shamrock cookie cutter.

Place the hard candy, by color, into small plastic bags. Place a towel over the bags and crush the candy with a meat mallet. Place all of the cookies on parchment lined sheet pans. In each of the center holes, fill with different colors (in this case only green) of crushed hard candy. Bake in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until lightly golden brown, and the candy has melted.


Oh, and I forgot the share the scrapbook page that is in this month's Page Maps in my last post.
Photobucket
Easter '08 egg hunting page.
I have to share eye candy today....
I have links of the sources underneath each picture but if I have unknown source and you know the source please let me know. Thanks!!
Photobucket
Cute dolls! I've made some out of the book--the bunny and robot panda.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Vintage clip art. Free for public use, feel free to save it. Found Graphics Fairy blog.
Photobucket
This scrapbook page by Ashley Wren. I see a scraplift in my future!!
Photobucket
Doe-c-doe's Flickr clowns.
Photobucket
Anything by Jess Gonacha!
Photobucket
Eklektick's wall on Flickr. She handpainted the frames!!! I want this wall in my house!
Photobucket
I think it may be from the duct tape website--anyway, they made their prom outfits out of duct tape! Cool! And waterproof?
Photobucket
This digital scrapbook page by Heidi Swapp.
Photobucket
This card from Postsecrets.
Photobucket
This rawkin' pink dolphin.
Photobucket
Stay puft marshmallow man? This brings back many childhood memories. "We ain't afraida no ghost!!" Remember Slimer Sundaes from Hardee's?? Flashback!
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Anything by Cosmo Cricket!
Photobucket
Hamburger pumpkin. I am so going to try and replicate this Halloween! (Source unknown-found on Photobucket).
Photobucket
My mousepad! Bought at Target $1 spot!
Photobucket
Prima flowers.
I have to share this photo (source unknown) from my photobucket--I wish my mommy self was this glamorous. I see bangs in my future!!!!
Photobucket
And finally sharing some more of my scrapbook pages/canvases that I am not sure if I have posted on my blog yet or not...
Photobucket
A vintage inspired canvas.
Photobucket
Page about Harrison, my rock star! (ignore my huge 2009twinkle watermark on top LOL)
Photobucket
Hi there card. I tried to make it look retro 70s. I have a pattern for the mushroom,too and can email it to you if you would like.

Stay tuned for tomorrow because its Featured Friday!!!
P.S.Devo's mommy is giving away a fun St. Paddy's Day themed RAK! Click here to go to her blog!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Janeen said...

Oh how fun! I bet these are gonna be beauties! Can't wait to see the finished product if you take a picture of it. Thanks for sharing your recipe too! Have a great day

Kristi B. said...

These are some fun pics & projects! I love those feather images!!! Thanks for posting my RAK too. :o)