Monday, March 16, 2009

For the love of green...

Photobucket
Spring. I love you so much!!!
So many luscious fruits are back in season!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
We got some snow on Friday! Can you believe today it was in the high 70s? Oklahoma weather is so insane!!
Happy birthday to my sweet sweet husband Ben!!!
Photobucket
As promised I have a little tutorial for you. An easy peasy fun one!
Photobucket
~Button Embellishments~
Photobucket
Supplies you need:
Scissors
Cardboard/chipboard/cardstock
Buttons
Felt (optional)
Glue
Thread, embroidery floss, yarn, etc (optional)
Acrylic paint or markers
Photobucket
************************
Photobucket
Photobucket
1. Cut out your cardboard in a circular shape. You can freehand the pattern or if you want a perfect circle just trace a lid.
Photobucket
Photobucket
2. Put acrylic paint in swirls on it--even better use your fingers!!
Photobucket
3. As it is drying, get your buttons/felt.
Photobucket
4. Cut felt in shapes, and put thread through buttons.
Photobucket
5. Once paint is dry, glue your shapes on top of painted circles.
6. Now you have some cool embellies to use on art, scrapbook pages or to use as barettes. :)
Photobucket
I have been makin' stuff...
A new painting~
Photobucket
Today I am only sharing a sneak peek because I want it to be finished before I share.
Photobucket
My mess...
A new layout~
Photobucket
My son loves to puddle splash!!
A new card~
Photobucket
Rainbow jello!!! So cute for St. Paddy's!!!
Photobucket
Just make your jello in layers and let set before you add a new layer. Looks cool in a glass bowl. :)
Photobucket
X marks the spot!! This picture is funny--I was trying to take a self portrait in a mirror but I had XOXO rub on letters on the mirror and ended up with a cool X on my eye. Happy accidents!!

HAPPY ST. PATRICK's DAY!!!! :)
Wishing you lots of luck and love...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Our friend the leprechaun came for a visit again this year. Harrison was super excited!
Photobucket
Look at his wee booties!!!
Photobucket
He had dropped some gold coins,too!
Photobucket
So we gathered our crafty-ness to make a leprechaun trap and left his stuff near it.
Photobucket
We put gold paper and green glitter and stuff to entice him towards the trap!
Photobucket
Harrison made some rainbow/pot of gold art work for him.
Photobucket
Setting the trap!
Photobucket
Photobucket
All set!
We hope he leaves us chocolate coins and takes his shoes,coins,etc. tomorrow!
Photobucket
I've gotten an early start on Easter!
Photobucket

8 comments:

alittlebitofscrap said...

So many great ideas. Love the rainbow jello.. how cool :) Happy St. Patty's day. and I hope you enjoy the knitting. You'll gave to sign up for Ravelry so you can get access to all those great resources :)

twinklescrapbooks said...

Joined Ravelry :) I need to start posting on there!!! I have a feeling knitting is going to be addictive!!!:)
tina

Pearl said...

Lots of happy St Paddy's pics ( I'm afraid we have no concept of it here ! lol ) Love me some of that rainbow jello too ! ;-)

Thanks for always making my day when you visit !

Sue said...

Wow...some great ideas here! That rainbow jello is so cool! *smiles*

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog and my doll!

Kristine said...

Hi TINA!!!!
Thanks for popping in for a visit
and the sweet comments!
Your blog is soo fun!!!..LOVE it!!!
aaack!!! I must get back to mine..
Was interrupted by the needs of my day job at the Boy Scout Office!
I have so much in the works, please come visit again!!!..I LOOOOVE company!! have a great day!
Hugz,
Kristine ;-)

Janeen said...

Happy Belated St. Patricks Day! Sorry if you get a lot of comments from me on this post, as I had a hard time getting on your site. I think it's because your page has so much stuff on it that it loads slow for me sometimes, Hmmm.

Thanks for commenting on the tea party! Yes, they are fun and a great way to visit with your girlfriends and get out the good dishes!

Janeen said...

By the way, I forgot to tell you that I got my face shield at Sally's Beauty Supply store. They are a chain so you may have one in your area or similar. It wasn't very expensive either, like 7 or 8 dollars at the time. Good luck! Shellac up that hair girlriend! ha ha

Kevin said...

Wow, that's more than I post in a month!