Friday, March 6, 2009

Featured Friday!!! Pearl!

Photobucket

This week we feature an awesome paper crafter and scrapbooker...Pearl!!!
Photobucket
1. Hi Pearl!!! Tell us a little about yourself.

Hi, my name is Pearl and I'm a SAHM to 2 wonderful kids. My husband of
16 yrs and I live with our family on a sunny, tiny island--Singapore. I first
started scrapbooking after our wedding without using any acid free products.
There were very few available then here. Needless to say, that album is now
yellow with age! After the birth of our daughter in 1995, I started card making via
punch art and acquired the tools, punches, and papers in the hopes that they would
be useful for my kids at the right age. Well, I'm still the main user of all the
products and tools! From 2006 onwards, there was such a shift in products
available in the papercraft industry and I started using more scrapbooking
products in my cardmaking. Magazines and on-line galleries were full of
inspiration, so by October 2006 I started scrapbooking again and have never
looked back since!
Fave Color: I don't think I have one as I just love working with colors overall.
Fave Song: Currently, Broken Strings-James Morrison featuring Nelly Furtado
Current Fave Movie: Curious Case of Benjamin Button-you will fall in love with
Brad Pitt all over again! :-)

Photobucket


2. What inspires you?
Everything from graphic design, fashion, interior design,
architecture, and most of all other scrappers.

3. What advice would you give to a beginner?
I highly recommend buying supplies in the form of a kit so that it's easier
to go about creating with the supplies and not be stuck with a ton of supplies.
Also the forums that support kit sales are a great place to find inspiration and to
ask questions.

4. What is your favorite medium or tool to work with?
I can't imagine not having a paper trimmer and my Cutterbee (non-stick) scissors!
Photobucket
5. What is your favorite photo you have ever taken?
I can't say I have a fave pic taken--probably a fave edited picture! I'm really
into creating collages on Picasa these days--so the picture on this layout is a current
fave for me:

Click link :)

6. Do you have goals?
I have certainly met some goals in the last 2 years scrapping wise--like getting on some Design Teams, getting published (online for starts), and winning some contests. It would be nice to be able to design for a manufacturer or be published in print.

7. What is your process like? (Do you start with sketches or just dive in?)

I either start with pictures in mind or papers on hand and then find a sketch to work with the papers and pictures. I rarely dive in these days as there really are so many good sketch sites out there to jump start the process.

8. How would you describe your style?

It's mainly bright and funky at this point although I do try to move between styles depending on the pictures I'm scrapping.
Photobucket

9. What do you enjoy most about creating? What got you started?

Punch art is what got me started in papercrafting! lol! I still try to dust off my punches once in a while and use them on my cards and layouts. The joy of creating, the ability to connect with fellow crafters all over the world online and sharing our creations almost effortlessly and with borders, are definitely some of the highlights of being scrap obsessed for me.

10. List your sites or sites we can see your creations on!

Pearl's Blog

OR

Create My Keepsakes Gallery

Thank you Pearl!!!!

Photobucket

4 comments:

Pearl said...

Thank you so much for the honor of being on your Featured Friday , Tina !!!

I spy 2 of my current fave layouts here ! lol

twinklescrapbooks said...

Pearl I am so in awe of your scrapbooking! I love the ideas I glean from your blog...like the curling technique. Very cool!!!

RootsAndWingsCo said...

Again, so much fun "meeting" someone new!

Also, thanks for stopping by our blog...and even commenting!

Rebecca
RootsAndWingsCo.blogspot.com

Terrie B x said...

Waaahhoooh Way to go Pearl...
Your creations are an absolute pleasure to seee!!!!
I *love* all your creations you work them beautifuly..I *love* hoe Pearl has a great eye-for colours...
TFS:)♥