Thursday, February 12, 2009

Twistin' the night away!!!

Photobucket
So yeah. We had tornadoes Tuesday night. The sirens went off 5 times!!
Photobucket
Harrison and I got in the bathtub. He started to get scared so I told him we were camping. We ate brownies and read books the whole time.
Photobucket
Harrison looked scared. Poor baby!!!
Photobucket
Photobucket
We are fine, and our house/cars are fine. At the time they hit Ben was at work. He is an art teacher for middle school kiddos. They were loading the kids on the buses just as the sirens went off so the kids had to run back inside and duck and cover. He said some of them were crying. The school was on lockdown for about 30 mins. He actually saw one of the tornadoes!!! (I never saw anything but clouds).
He works about 2 miles from our house. A mile from his school the tornado demolished Target, Hobby Lobby and Chuck E.Cheese. :( There is twisted metal and trees all over the shopping centers in that area.
Photobucket
See Chuck E Cheese?? That's our hangout. :(
We found Chuck E cups down the street!
So we have to shop farther away but at least we are okay.
Speaking of shopping...
Photobucket
(Sarah Jessica Parker)
Sarah, Sarah...what were you thinking???
Photobucket
I finished my embroidery flowers (from Elsie's pattern).
Photobucket
My scratch n sniff stickers arrived today!!! I have been sniffing away LOL. I also got all my RVA stuff.
H and I went to the thrift store today. I was looking for some antique large frames (or something like that) but no luck. We came home with an Ertl car set instead. :)
Photobucket
We've been playing the free Bob the Builder downloadable games.
And eating giant Hershey kisses!
Photobucket
Photobucket
I am robot...
Photobucket
I found a ton of vinyl art on clearance at Michaels. Regulary $40...paid $4.99 for a 2 pack!!!
Photobucket
The robots are going in H's room.
And the small vinyl pieces were .99 cents!
Photobucket
Stay tuned for tomorrow--its Featured Friday!!!!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Pearl said...

oh my ! the weather is just crazy the world over !

So glad to hear you & yours are all safe !