Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Spring is on its way...

I can feel it! Today was a lovely day!!!
Photobucket
Sharing a card and layout:
Photobucket
I took this pic last year and used it for my card.
And I had two layouts to share but one is going to be pubbed.
Photobucket
But here's this one of me and Harrison.
Photobucket
And I made a sketch for you to use!!!!!
Photobucket
If you do use it please link to what you make because I would LOVE to see it! :)
Hmm...what else is going on?
We had a thrifty weekend. We went to a huge church garage sale, the library book sale where they sell discarded books and thrift store shopping.
Here are our garage sale finds:
Photobucket
A student desk-$3.
Photobucket
Gumby doll-.10 cents. Harrison is going through a Gumby stage right now.
Photobucket
More toys--all .10 cents
Photobucket
Horsey puppet-.10 cents!
Photobucket
And my super find:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Box of paints (not dried up!) for $3!!!
Photobucket
Photobucket
The book sale was at the OK State Fair.
Photobucket
The "needle" is the most popular thing at our fair. I guess you could compare it to Texas' Tex guy. You can ride the red, windowed part up and down. I am scared of heights so I have never been on it, but I like to photograph it!
Photobucket
Harrison was so patient. We took his big red wagon to fill.
We bought a lot of books because this is the one time a year we really buy books. And
25 cents-$1 a piece rocks.
I'll share just a few finds~
Photobucket
I am so jealous of this cover. I really wish I had a friend who would be willing to re-create this cover LOL. I am serious. I think it is so cool!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Yes, I needed this.
Photobucket
Cute!
Photobucket
Photobucket
I like this one because
Photobucket
It has pictures to paint--with real detailed directions like paint by number kits.
Photobucket
Photobucket
The line at the sale when we arrived. It was out the door when they let everyone in. It is very controlled. The police let in a few at a time.
Photobucket
Now I have the French version! The Little Prince is my fave. :)
Photobucket
I bought this book for the cover. It is called the Creative Family Workshop.
It is kinda a hippie book but could also be used for survivalist skills--it shows you how to live in the wild.
Photobucket
Make your own nasty beer?
Photobucket
Cook outdoors! I LOL at the pictures.
If you are a crafter/scrapbooker or rat packer like me--have you ever saved something silly?
Photobucket
I saw this hot pink plastic netting bag on my apples and saved it to use for ???who knows what??? but I liked it!
I have been crazy about this kit from Danielle Thompson~
Photobucket
And "the red ones are my favorite"...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I love RVA.
Here's a cool link for free digital scrapbooking/hybrid stuff like treat bags!

OMG I *love love* these free fonts!!!!

Okay, these aren't the "coolest" pictures but here is what my scrap room is looking like so far~
Photobucket
Sorry the pics are so dark! I guess I should not take pics at night with no flash LOL.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
In my next post (sometime this week) Harrison and I are going to share two easy St.Patrick's Day crafts you can do with your kiddos, and a good recipe!! Also, on Friday it will be Featured Friday and I'll share someone whose work/attitude inspires me. :)
Photobucket

5 comments:

Patty said...

You did some serious shopping. I love garage sales. Since I'm a teacher I always find great stuff for my class.

I can't wait to see what else you make.

alittlebitofscrap said...

That's serious shopping! You scored with the paint, hello :) I also liked the pictures of your scrap room, it is realistic. I like the mood it set :)

PaisleyJade said...

Wow - what a lot of goodies you got hold of! Lucky you.

Marie Reed said...

WOOOOOOOW! You hit the jackpot girl! I am drooling over your finds!

Lisa said...

I love your doodled title! You really racked up at the garage sale, I never seem to find anything probably because I can't get up early, so by the time I make it there is nothing but junk left.