Friday, February 27, 2009

Featured Friday!!! Melisa T.

Photobucket
This Friday we are putting the spotlight on scrapbooker Melisa T. We have been friends since our kids were babies and she is one amazing scrapbooker!

Here's more info on Melisa!
Photobucket
I love how interesting her pages are. She is great at color combination and journaling!

I like to get a big stack of newly processed photos and flip through them to see what catches my eye... then i go w/ the colors in the photo usually. I let the tone of the picture dictate what embellishments to use. After I've created one or two new projects, I force myself to do a page with older photos that don't excite me as much.

Photobucket
An awesome page!

I'd say my style is pretty clean. I don't like tons of embellies or distractions. I like to see the pictures on my pages. Collage doesn't really appeal to me. I generally like to get several photos on a two page spread. I try to journal on every page.

Photobucket
Her lovely scrap studio.

I love creating because I can just get lost in the process and forget about my worries, troubles, etc. I like to see the look on my daughter's face when she sees a new page. I also love that she is getting into cutting, glueing, glittering, painting, stickering, and stamping everything in sight. She and I have spent many Sunday afternoons playing with supplies and creating pages together. I got started in this craft by attending a Creative Memories party my friend gave (she was a consultant at the time)... I remember thinking "oh, I'll go because I feel obligated, but I won't like it!"

Photobucket
Her favorite picture. Isn't it adorable? Her daughter Sarah is the model. :)

Check out Melisa's links!!!

-Melisa's Gallery


Photobucket

5 comments:

RootsAndWingsCo said...

I'm really a sucker for pictures of people's creative spaces! Thanks for this one!
Rebecca
RootsAndWingsCo.blogspot.com

*Fauve* said...

Looks so great!I loveeeeeeee the studio <3

xoxo

Patty said...

I have dreams about what I wish my craft room will look like. I love to get new ideas.

Mandee said...

How fun, and you are right what a talented scrapper she is. Isn't it so fun to just sit down and let the artist in you fly?
fun stuff!

twinklescrapbooks said...

She really inspires me at crops! :)
tina