Saturday, January 3, 2009

Silly

FINALLY! I am getting around to sharing my holiday pics with my friends!
We started Christmas break by going to a birthday party at a local Mexican restaurant. It was a double party for my Aunt Mary and Uncle Harry. She turned 58 and he turned 59.
Photobucket
I had no idea we had jalapenos on the table until I saw this pic later. I loaned my camera out to several people (and kids!) to get other view points of the event. The pictures AMAZED me. Seriously.
Photobucket
My drink-y. See the Dolly Parton lipstick color on the straw? Mine.
Photobucket
A 10 year old took this pic of my tranny eyes. I absolutely own the fact that I wear too much make up for events--I am makeup less on a daily basis so I overdo it when I escape my house LOL. Actually I did my eyes to resemble Katy Perry and I learned the techniques from a YouTube video.Okay that sounded weird but that is the truth.
Photobucket
Cake!
Photobucket
The wait staff put a sombrero on my aunt and sang Happy Birthday...
Photobucket
Then did the same for my Uncle but he was a bad sport.
Photobucket
My mother. She rocks.
Photobucket
Some family members eating. Hehe. My aunt Mary is the woman near the right and Harry is far right wearing the OU ball cap.
I made my favorite Christmas cookies-Sand Tarts, Sugar Cookies, Christmas Wreath crunchies, Monkey Mix/Puppy Chow,Berry Delight, and Sugared Pecans.
Photobucket
I rarely ever cook so the holidays give me a work out in the kitchen!
I had to wear cafeteria lady gloves because I had a very unusual cut on my hand...
see?
Photobucket
Yes, that is a face. And no it was not photoshopped. I am totally sending it in to the "Faces in Places" web site LOL-not kidding!
So besides the cafeteria gloves at least I did not burn anything!
Photobucket
Photobucket
My aunt's pretty lab-Lexus.
Photobucket
Alexia opening gifts. Her expressions of surprise were so sweet!
After visiting my aunt, we spent Christmas Eve at my SIL Wendy's house with the whole family--my side and Ben's. Then we followed my parents to their house (and totally changed into pjs) to exchange gifts with them.
Photobucket
I use Christmas as an excuse to dress the 3 of us like nerds!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Wendy's nativity scene.
Photobucket
And her tree.
Photobucket
The boys in our family were way into Star Wars this year. H got a bunch of the Lego sets from his grandparents.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Is it bad that I "eye" my son's gifts and think about scrapbooking?
Photobucket
My happy elf opening gifts.
Photobucket
Harrison opening a guitar! at my parent's house. They also got him air drum sticks that play while you wave them in the air.
Photobucket
My mom's tree is identical to ours. This is the raw pic...it just came out glowing. We all have faux Christmas trees because some family members have allergies to real ones. I love having a white tree,btw.
Photobucket
A.T. got a Star Wars Monopoly game from us. We played for a few hours. I had not played Monopoly in forever!
After we left my parent's house we came home to leave out cookies for Santa and
Photobucket
reindeer food for Rudolph,etc. Reindeer food is easy to make! Mix some oatmeal with sugar! Stick in a ziploc and shake. We used glitter the year before but realized glitter is not so eco-friendly so this year it was sugar.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Santa was here!
Photobucket
Harrison spent most of the day having us play his new Hungry Hungry Hippos game with him.
I finished up my stuff for a future issue of ScrapNArt.
Photobucket
Sneaky peek.
This is totally random but does anyone know where I can find these Pentel markers?
Photobucket
Photobucket
P.S. Look at this awesome life-sized Harrison clone doll I got for Christmas!
Photobucket
J/k!

4 comments:

ScrapMomOf2 said...

I laughed out loud at the comment about the markers, only because I thought the very same thing!! You also cracked me up with tranny eyes!! Hee hee ha ha ho! Your drinky looks yummo! What fun photos!

Audrey Yeager said...

Tina I just love reading your blog about your daily life stuff! And ditto what Carol said about the markers!!!!!!!

wendy said...

You are so creative and fun! Great pictures :). I love the peak into your life!!

twinklescrapbooks said...

Thank you ladies. I have wonderful online scrappy friends. :)
tina