Sunday, December 7, 2008

Holiday Mayhem

Photobucket
Blog, how I've missed you!!!
Harrison has come down with the stomach flu. Poor darling. I've been giving him lots of clear liquids and snuggles. He wriggled next to me in the bed today and said, "Look,mom! We're snuggling!!"
Housework has piled up this weekend! I have plenty of time to do it-to it because we are going to be snowed in on Tuesday. I have been wanting it to snow sooooo badly!!!
Friday night I was changing stuff over at www.thescrapcity.com to make it more festive and urm, make the site go down. Thank God for the kindness of strangers (A Streetcar Named Desire, anyone? I love that movie!). I found someone on the phBB help forum named James and he brought the forum skeleton back. I've been putting everything back where it belongs. Thank you James! I also got the blog looking festive: www.thescrapcity.blogspot.com
Photobucket
In scrappy world, have you seen Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of Christmas?? You have to check out the tag for today!! He made an amazing crackled snowman. He is just so inspiring to me!
Photobucket
There is a weekend crop going on at Scrap4Life. I was hoping to be more involved and get challenges done but with H being sick my plans are on the back burner for now.
I made our own Christmas photo cards this year. I am surprised with the results! They came out cute. See?

I also finished our Christmas letter (printed on Basic Grey) and cards (totally store bought--no time to make). I hope to get it all mailed out this week!

Photobucket
I just love the Holidays. Do you have a favorite Christmas memory?? My favorite memory has to be the year my mom was trying to be sneaky and she hid our presents in the dryer. Later, she asked me to move the clothes to the dryer. I also have really good memories of baking tons of different cookies together and making tamales. Sigh. I have been making a cookie list (don't judge LOL) of cookies we are going to make together as a family. I got some ideas from Paula Deen's Cookie show last night. You can see her recipes HERE.

Well, that's all for now. I have cleaning to do! :) Have a super Sunday!
Photobucket


4 comments:

Audrey Yeager said...

That is a great idea about hiding presents in the dryer! DH never does laundry, so he will never find his!!!! (He jokes and always tells me he is going to hide my stuff next to the vacuum cause I do'nt even know where it is....)

Mandee Gillen said...

You did a great job with the scrapcity blog! Nice and Festive:) Thanks for the sweet comments on my blog. It is so fun to create, I absolutly love mini albums they are my fav:)

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Very cute Christmas card! I love the way the ScrapCity board looks! FESTIVE!

ScrapMomOf2 said...

By the way, I sure hope Harrison feels better! Snuggling! Love it!