Monday, December 1, 2008

December already?!?

I'm back! I cannot believe it is already December. This year seriously wooshed by! And H is turning 4 at the end of the month...I want him to stay little...boo.
I hope you had an awesome Thanksgiving. We had turkey and ham. My mom made the ham and I ate it for like 3 days afterwards. Love it!!
Photobucket
I finally saw this movie. I felt a little weird being 31 and being so involved in a tween series of books but the movie rocked!! I am so buying it when it comes out on dvd.
Did you do any Black Friday/Cyber Monday shopping?? I personally felt like the ads were so uninspiring to me. We did go to Target a few hours after they opened. We bought some playdoh and dvds. I got Juno, The Goonies, Indiana Jones. Then we did more shopping on Amazon.com. They have amazing, amazing deals. We saved $200!! All our Christmas shopping is done.
I got one Christmas gift early! An Apple Ipod. Now I finally feel like I am in the 21st century LOL. We've been eyeing laptops. It really isn't a big deal to me if we get one or not because then I will probably just never leave the couch. I should get one hooked up to a treadmill!I don't think I am getting anything scrap-related for Christmas.
Today Harrison's grandparents took him to shop for clothes at the mall. We had watched the movie Elf twice over the weekend. You know the scene where he is hesitant to get on the escalator?? Harrison kept trying to imitate it.
Photobucket
Church photo.
Photobucket
We took Harrison to see Santa. We take him every year but I am so happy because this is the first year he is not crying and desperately trying to run away in the photo.
Photobucket
He told Santa he wanted a Bat(man) Cave.
I finally took him to North Pole City.
Photobucket
NPC is a Christmas store that sells breathtaking and over-priced ornaments. We love to oogle the lights. I always let H get an ornament there. He also picked out a nutcracker and a rock wall for his Thomas trains.
Oh, and he rode the train 3 times! He kept begging to ride and since it was only $1 I let him. The only slightly annoying part was that I had to go to a front register to purchase a ticket. The lines were soooo long!
Photobucket
Photobucket
The train tunnel.
Usually Santa is there but he was not that day. :(
We put up our own lights...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Ben is such a hard worker. :)
We usually adopt a tree at a local park and decorate it but this year the city nixed the program.
And we also saw a local light display in Yukon.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
So that is what I have been up to these past few days.
This is totally random. Can anyone identify this duck? He is hanging out at our local pond and I have never seen one look so odd.
Photobucket

Photobucket

4 comments:

Pearl said...

Hi Tina

Hope you had a great time at Thanksgiving !

We are just into Twilight here - my kids are reading it ! The movie only opens on Dec 18th here ! bah !

I have a surprise for you over at my blog when you have time !

wendy said...

Whew you are one busy lady! I loved the movie too and want to see it again :). I heart Edward.

Harrison is SOOO cute! Give him a big smooch for me :)

ScrapMomOf2 said...

I'm glad you had a great Thanksgiving! Wow, you've been busy! I haven't seen the movie yet. Boo hoo! OK, 42 here, and I'm totally into the books!! I cannot wait to take my girls to see it! I was going to go over the weekend, but I have a horrible cough, and I don't think that I want to be coughing during the entire movie! Your son is SO CUTE! I love the Santa pic!!

LesleMora said...

I'm going to read the Twilight books . . . eventually. Glad yall had a great Thanksgiving!