Thursday, September 11, 2008

Where the Wild Things Are!

We spent the whole day at the zoo, came home, ordered pizza and took a long nap. That was our day in a nutshell! :]
Why were we at the zoo?
Photobucket Image Hosting
To see Between the Lions!!!
Ben took a personal day to attend with us.The show time was 9:30am but because I had my super-organized and timely husband with me with arrived at 8:06am. There was already a line but we were towards the front.
Photobucket Image Hosting
This is a picture of Harrison after we had been waiting an hour and he had run out of Lego Fruit Snacks. LOL I was really amazed at how patient he really was. He waited so quietly. I could tell he really, really wanted to see them. You can see my toes in the pic LOL.
Photobucket Image Hosting
We waited under this thing the whole time. What is this? I am guessing some type of dinosaur but it kinda reminds me of a Gar.
So we got in, third row, up close.
I loved, loved the host-some dude named Aaron.
Photobucket Image Hosting
He was so smiley and cheerful. He reminded me of DJ Lance from Yo Gabba Gabba. He could sing and play several instruments,too!
Photobucket Image Hosting
See?
The zoo photographer kept taking close ups of me and H because we kept dancing. It was fun to let loose.
More pics~
Photobucket Image Hosting
Photobucket Image Hosting
The whole show was about 15 minutes but worth the wait. We also got a free book, "Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed," when we left.
It was one of those days with a light sprinkly rain. Ben and I took a gazillion pics:
Photobucket Image Hosting
I think flamingos are seriously my favorite bird. Must be because they are my favorite color!
Photobucket Image Hosting
The tortoise just sat there. I wonder what he was thinking? Probably wondering why he couldn't be inside...
Oh my goodness, check this out!!!
Photobucket Image Hosting
I swear the Red Panda totally posed for us. Either that or he was really hungry and wanted to claw us.
Photobucket Image Hosting
He is Harrison's favorite animal after the elephant.
Photobucket Image Hosting
My husband's foot.
I would adopt a Meerkat if I could...
Photobucket Image Hosting
Photobucket Image Hosting
These two are in love...awww.
Photobucket Image Hosting
The paddleboats scare me. I rode them once. Once. Never. Again.
Photobucket Image Hosting
Mr.Seahorse.
Photobucket Image Hosting
Squiddy.
Photobucket Image Hosting
H. It is super dark in the aquarium. Hard to take pics. :(
But some came out...
Photobucket Image Hosting
Lionfish.
Photobucket Image Hosting
I call him lobster.
I will have nightmares about this~
Photobucket Image Hosting
Shark jaw! Once when I was teaching 1st grade, a student brought a small shark jaw for show and tell. I was holding it when the darn tooth cut my finger! It was really razor sharp! I have issues with the Ocean.
Photobucket Image Hosting
Ben took this one of the zoo manhole cover.
Photobucket Image Hosting
Pretty white peacock.
I save the best for last. This picture touches my heart!
Photobucket Image Hosting
There are various levels the seals can go to. This one wanted to go to the top which is outdoors but was barred in. :(
On a lighter note, Harrison was talking in his sleep before he woke up. He said something hilarious (to me anyway), "I'm #1!!!" When he woke up I told him what he had said and his response was, "1 is my favorite number."
Here are my recent scrappy finds I wanted to share with you.
Photobucket Image Hosting
See the fabric looking stuff? It is a fabric book cover I found at Target. I have no idea what I am going to do with it yet.
Photobucket Image Hosting
Another shot. You'll notice the cool tags. And the apple themed stuff.
Okay I have been wanting giant clothespins. Sounds weird but I have seen them in catalogs for $15-20. I found some at Target in the dollar spot!
Photobucket Image Hosting
Here's a pic comparing them to the size of a regular clothespin. I think they would be neat to alter or to showcase scrapbook pages on.
Photobucket Image Hosting
I watch Project Runway every week. Anyone else a PR junkie? I was so disappointed Blaine was kicked off. I will miss his "girlicious" comments or "I love ya face!"
Before I sign off, I want to let you all know about a neat network site I belong to called The Diva Within. I love networking and everyone has been friendly at this site!


Visit THE DIVA WITHIN

I started scrapbooking tonight so I have to go finish my card I'm working on...

3 comments:

wendy said...

Sounds like it was a lot of fun!!

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Sounds like you guys had FUN!! Great pics!

Ann(ie) said...

Looks like a blast....I dig the pics! I love the zoo. The penguins are my very fave!!!