Saturday, September 27, 2008

Long Time, No Update!

Such a busy week! Two zoo trips and one to ride Thomas the train. I have also had a busy work-at-home week with my advertising job. :) I slacked a lot on my Photo of the Days, so I am making this post pic heavy!
I have photos to share from the zoo and some from H's camera.
Oh, and just in case you were losing sleep at night wondering, here is what the "Booger" candy looks like. Yuck!
Photobucket
Photobucket
I finished book 4, Breaking Dawn. I am reading the excerpts from 5, Midnight Sun on Stephenie Meyer's blog (on page 40 right now). Link here~
http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/pdf/midnightsun_partialdraft3.pdf
I finally found a forum to share my obsession! I've joined Twilight Moms!
Link here~
http://twilightmomsforums.freeforums.org/
I so cannot wait for the movie!!! I also want to see Nick and Norah's Playlist. That movie looks cute!
So since I shared an ugly pic of the candy here is something pretty for your eyes...
Photobucket
These are Prima fabric flowers. So pretty! And a bargain at $3 a pack.
The rest of the week Harrison and I made painted pumpkins from stuffed brown paper sacks.
We made that Monster Mash treat...
Photobucket
Looks messy but all the chocolate was worth it!
Here is the recipe:

MONSTER MASH/MUNCH
You need:
6 squares of almond bark divided (we used the chocolate kind)
1 1/2 cups pretzel sticks
orange food coloring (we did not use since we used the chocolate almond bark)
2 cups golden graham cereal
3/4 cup Halloween/Fall colored M&Ms
3/4 mini marshmallows
1/2 cup chocolate sprinkles
Step 1
Place 1 1/2 squares almond bark in a small microwavable bowl. Microwave until melted.
Step 2
Put pretzel sticks in a large bowl add melted almond bark and mix untill the pretzels are covered. Spread coated pretzel sticks out on waxed paper, separating individual sticks, let set.
Step 3
Place the remaining 4 1/2 squares almond bark in medium sized microwavable bowl. Microwave until completely melted. Stir in food coloring untill almond bark is bright orange.
Step 4
Place cereal in large bowl. Add half of colored almond bark stir until cereal is covered. Add M&Ms, Marshmallows, and remaining almond bark. Stir until mix is evenly coated. Stir in pretzel sticks.
Step 5
Break mix into small clusters and spread out on waxed paper. Sprinkle clusters with sprinkles, let set and ENJOY!

We made it for Ben along with my album, and H picked some flowers for daddy and made him some bug pictures (all in orange marker).
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Here are our zoo pics.
Photobucket
When we entered, a squirrel ran right by us.
Photobucket
They look so cute but I know this bear would totally eat me if given the chance!
The tiger house...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Then we went to see the gorillas.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
This alligator pic cracks me up!
Photobucket
Black bears this time...
Photobucket
Photobucket
They were play fighting.
Photobucket
the badger
Photobucket
H and I played hide and seek in one of the air conditioned buildings. It was empty so we had free reign to be silly.
Oh my, check out the sleeping skunk!
Photobucket
Cougar paws!
Photobucket
A buttefly.
Photobucket
Gecko...
Photobucket
Photobucket
I think he is a hornbill.
Favorite shot of the day???
Photobucket
The grizzlies kissing. I wanted to get closer but H wanted to go into another building so I had to take a quick shot from a distance.
I have to share H's pics with you!!!
He has been using his Kid Tough camera on all our "adventures." I find he deletes the pics almost as soon as he takes them!! I guess the big red button is too appealing. It makes a funny noise,too, so that probably encourages it. I made myself a new watermark and made him one,too, while I was at it.
I absolutely reccommend getting your children a camera, even a disposable one. Life is so interesting from their viewpoint!
These are from our backyard.
Photobucket
An upside down duck toy?
Photobucket
Benny from Bob the Builder toy, and one of our tables.
These are from when we were waiting in line at the station to ride Thomas:
Photobucket
Photobucket
He takes a lot of his feet...
Photobucket
*Ben and I's favorite!!* Looks like a magazine pic!
Photobucket
I'll share more from time to time if I can keep his little chubby fingers off the delete button--I may just put tape over it or something!

We are off to take a nap...nobody slept good last night. Harrison woke up at 3am and has been up since. I am going to go read him to sleep!!
Have a happy weekend!!!!

2 comments:

Mandee Gillen said...

Sounds like you have been one busy woman:) Love the album. Nice booger candy, I've gotta have some of that. (he he) But the monwster mash chocolate looks great.
So Zoo, candy, pictures, mini album you've done it all and a baq og potato chips:>

twinklescrapbooks said...

Mmmm...chips. You are making me hungry! LOL
Tina :)
twinklescrapbooks