Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Gooey Gak

Photobucket
When I managed to peel my eyes away from Twilight today, Harrison and I made "Gooey Gak."
It is like the slime you see on Nickelodeon. And after it was finished it occupied him enough to give me a good hour of reading uninterrupted. So win-win!
We'll share the recipe with you!
Photobucket
Grandma gave us the Borax...I guess grandma's keep laundry booster in their house!
Photobucket
The paint we used. You can use any really but if I were you...try to get something washable like tempera or fingerpaints.
You will make two separate solutions:
Photobucket
{solution A}
SOLUTION A
1 cup water
1 cup white glue
2 Tbsp. liquid paint (we used washable!) or 7-10 drops food coloring
Mix in bowl separate from B.
SOLUTION B
1 1/3 cups warm water
4 tsp. Borax laundry booster
1. Mix solution A.
2. In separate bowl, mix solution B until Borax dissolves.
3. Slowly pour bowl A into bowl B--do not mix.
4. Roll solution A into solution B 4-5 times with your hands. (Best part!)
5. Lift solution A (a chunk) out of solution B and knead with your hands for 2-3 minutes.
6. Store in ziploc or airtight container!
7. If your name is Harrison, put the bowl on your head and say your brains are coming out...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Our gak.

2 comments:

wendy said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun playing :). I love his brain picture!! lol

Lisa said...

I'll have to try this with Logen he would love it...tfs!