Friday, August 22, 2008

You were only waiting for this moment to arise...

Photobucket
^Yes, Oprah I am too busy to live...hehe.

I know I sounded stressed in my last post, but I am not...promise!
So Wednesday I took H to the science museum. We spent four hours there and still did not get to see all the new exhibits! I was tired,too LOL.
Photobucket
They have so many wonderful areas for little kids to explore. If you look closely, you can see my little guy climbing the stairs in the fire station. He is really fascinated with firefighters right now.
Photobucket
Welcome to planet Earth.
Photobucket
And some other planets. We skipped the Planetarium because last time we went he did not like the dark so much.
Photobucket
Ah, trains. Harrison's first true love!
Photobucket
He watched the model trains for like 15 minutes while I chilled on the bench...tired mommy LOL.
Photobucket
Look at his chubby l'il hands playing with the train sets.
Photobucket
Okay this pic is creepy but a little cool...it is the interior of a train. It looks like the train's dining room is moving but no, I forgot to turn the flash on. Looks haunted!
Photobucket
The tree area has a giant tree house-playground thing called The Gadget Tree. It is like 4 stories tall!!
Photobucket
And all the way at the top is a giant, curvy slide with very sharp turns!
Photobucket
And Harrison will not go down it without mommy! So we went twice. I had sweaty palms the whole time since I am scared of heights. And I got rug (slide?) burn on my knee and elbow. And some kid kept hitting me with his feet on my back. And H's feet got stuck and he got slide burn. And I said that was the last time we would go down it! I said that the previous trip,too, because H hit his head hard coming down. That thing is deadly!!!!
Photobucket
The mirror maze. I always have to keep my hands out so we don't bump into the mirrors. :)
Okay, something safe...
Photobucket
The water play area is fun. We love the plastic crocodiles.
We went to the Live Science show...
Photobucket
They have scientists on segways doing cool experiments--making explosions!
Photobucket
The stage. Sorry, most of my museum pics are dark because the whole building has low-lighting.
Photobucket
(in left corner) scientist on segway
So H and I were the first in the auditorium and of course, H wanted the seat closest to the stage. Um, this was a good idea until the scientist started making fire and explosions. Loud explosions. That came kinda near our faces. Then we snuck out after H loudly told everyone, "Puh-lease mama, save me, take me outta here! I'm skeered!" And of course, heads turn and I sheepishly made an exit.
Photobucket
This area had stuff you could construct, building blocks, legos, tops, and vents that you could float stuff on top. Cool!
I would not be the cool mom if I did not share pics of Nemo and Dory!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I am so happy to be scrapping tonight! I have put it off too long lately. I am armed with fresh printer ink and Kodak photo paper so watch out!
Photobucket
And I leave you with a song I love: (Blackbird-Beatles)
Blackbird singing in the dead of night
Take these broken wings and learn to fly
All your life
You were only waiting for this moment to arise
Black bird singing in the dead of night
Take these sunken eyes and learn to see
all your lifeyou were only waiting for this moment to be free
Blackbird fly, Blackbird fly
Into the light of the dark black night.
Blackbird fly, Blackbird fly
Into the light of the dark black night.
Blackbird singing in the dead of night
Take these broken wings and learn to fly
All your life
You were only waiting for this moment to arise,oh
You were only waiting for this moment to arise, oh
You were only waiting for this moment to arise

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Can't wait to see what you've created, I love the pic of Harrison's chubby little fingers!