Monday, August 11, 2008

Tissue Paper Flowers!

Photobucket
Feel like making some lovelies??
Let's get started!!!
Supplies:
Tissue Paper
Scissors
Glue dots/glue stick (optional)
Thread, buttons, brads, rhinestones (optional)
Photobucket
Tissue paper is extremely inexpensive. Pick out the colors you want to use. I chose pastel but they come in neon, bright, primary, white, and printed in all patterns.
Photobucket
Fold the long piece into a square.
Photobucket
Cut into a circle! I used scalloped deco scissors on some and just regular scissors on others.Photobucket
Photobucket
Cut several colors. Lookin' good...
Photobucket
I got my button jar out and sewed various layers together with buttons/thread. You could also just use glue dots to hold your layers together or a glue stick used in the middle of the layers.You can put anything in the middle--chipboard, rhinestones, brads,etc.Photobucket
Now the fun step...Photobucket
Scrunch it up! Yes, scrunch it!Photobucket
Photobucket
Now seperate and fluff your layers.Photobucket
Photobucket
Voila! I made several and used some circles with different sizes. I think it would look cool too if you stamped the tissue paper or inked/painted the edges. The possibilities are endless and they are easy, cheap and fun to make!! Try it!!!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Thanks for the walk down memory lane! I remember making these as a kid, they are so pretty!

Leaping Lizard Glass Art said...

Awww, nice. I love paper. I need to do some papery things today! I like your blog.
Jan@leapinglizardglassart

wendy said...

Very creative stuff :)

Twinklescrapbooks said...

thanks! :)