Thursday, August 28, 2008

Photos of the Day

The theme this week is just snapshots from my day.

Thursday, August 28,2008
Photobucket
Painting is the best thing in the world. Getting your fingers wet and blending colors. I love to watch Harrison paint. I love it when he tells me what his painting is supposed to be. This is a rocket, btw.
Photobucket
We use ice cube trays to hold paint for him. Sometimes I let him paint on the tub while taking a bath. The ice cube trays float in the tub. Who knew?
Photobucket
A trip to the library.
Photobucket
This is not our local library, this one is a little bit of a drive, but the children's section makes it worth the drive!
Giant chairs...
Photobucket
Beanbags to jump on and hug...
Photobucket
And the computer has a Thomas game H can play by himself!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Guess what arrived today?!?! Our butteflies!!! If you have read my blog in the past you may know about my son's grody bug collection.



We bought him a butterfly kit from Target. We had to mail order our butterflies.

Photobucket
The box said "Open Immediately!!!" but it had been on the porch for an hour or so before we saw it. And it was hot today! So we had my cousin Alex open it because I was a bit squeamish. They are caterpillars in a cup with food.

Photobucket


Harrison is in 7th Heaven over it.


Photobucket


A few hours later, they started spinning some type of webby stuff so I guess they are making their chrysalis'...we have to put them in the pop up cage net thing. Then when they are born we have to free them. I am so taking pictures of every step of their life process!!!They are going to be Painted Lady Butterflies!

Photobucket

Pretty!!!

1 comment:

Suzie said...

Ive done the butterfly thing at work. Very cool