Thursday, August 14, 2008

Manic Momma

I have had a busy week but it has been fun!
Photobucket
These are two of my secrets I am sharing with you...
Photobucket
Photobucket
I started off my week by making some Post Secret cards but instead of mailing them to the site, I took them to the library and hid them in books! I made my own secrets using photos I took and resizing/adding text to make them 3x5. Then I printed them and glued them onto an index card that had a ? mark stamp on the back. It felt so free-ing to get some of my secrets down on paper!!! Especially because I am a shy person and I often let myself be bullied IRL (more so before I became a mom--now I have to stand tall for my son). So today I went to the library and left all my secrets in random books. It was fun but I felt a little sneaky and paranoid because some librarians were shelving books and I did not want them to think I was sticking trash in the books or something. I am planning on making more secrets and leaving them in public, on park benches, at book stores,etc. I absolutely suggest this for anyone who wants to get stuff off their chest!
Link to Post Secret~
http://postsecret.blogspot.com/
We rescheduled our zoo playdate with family and went to the park instead.
Photobucket
I love little feet!
Photobucket
The swings are our favorite!
Photobucket
My flower beds are looking good. :) I am a total hands-off gardener.
Photobucket
Ben returned to work last week. (This is his school). His first day of teaching was yesterday. It has been okay so far. He kinda has it down pat since he has been teaching like 12 years.
Photobucket
I started homeschooling Harrison. We decided we would do colors this week. He already knows his colors but we would focus on spelling the color words.
Photobucket
Monday was red day. We wore red clothes and ate red food! We read The Little Red Hen and spelled the word red.
I am doing it since he does not start PreK at public school until next year but I don't want him to bored at home with mama for now. Plus, since I am a certified teacher this puts my teaching skills to good use!
Photobucket
Harrison gave his ride corn popper thing (not sure what it is called) to Alexia. I thought it was so sweet that he wanted to give it to his little friend! She is my cousin's daughter and they have had a lot of fun getting to know each other.
Photobucket
(the entrance)
My mom, aunt, me and all 3 kids went to the Oklahoma History Museum today. I took a gazillion photos. Here are some to share:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Bobcat with bird. Ew. Stuffed,too. Freaked us out because it was looking down on us from the exhibit.
Photobucket
Wild turkey.
Photobucket
This exhibit was scary (to me). You stick your hand in the hole and then a plaque lights up telling you what you just touched...like catfish skin, beaver fur, and snake.
I hate surprises! LOL
Photobucket
All the kids loved the stuffed deer.
Photobucket
Photobucket
The Native American exhibit had cool stars that
lit up the ceiling!
Photobucket
Alexia liked this best. They were shoes on exhibit in the floor!
Photobucket
The pretty fountain.
Photobucket
Photobucket
The museum was not very kid-friendly so we did not stay long. Harrison really got
restless first. He and I are scared of heights and this place is mainly heights so...
Photobucket
Buffalo statue.
Photobucket
Photobucket
I have to go now because it is lightning bad outside. :]

No comments: