Thursday, July 31, 2008

The bees knees

Photobucket
H stomping around in my cousin's work boots!
I haven't been up to much.
Harrison had a playdate yesterday with AJ and AT. Then today AT came over and they watched The Wheels on the Bus video. Normally I have a high tolerance for kiddie videos, but I found myself fighting the dozing off feeling on this one! Harrison wants to watch it repeatedly, too. Have you ever watched a kid video so much that the songs get ingrained in your mind??? Yep, this video is like Barney but instead of a dinosaur the lead character is a dragon and he drives a bus. I need to make a kid video! I would totally have Dan Zane or Laurie Berkner singing and NO annoying puppet characters.
I stayed up too late last night taking an online class for art. I am trying to learn some new techniques because I feel like my papercrafting just needs to grow more...I need to step out of my comfort zone. Challenges are good!
I have a dream. I want to be one of those crafty moms. You know the type that sews, crochets, embroiders, scrapbooks, quilts,etc. I am aspiring for this. I know I won't be able to do it all but I feel like I should expand from just scrapbooking being my only hobby. It is good to have more than one hobby, right??
Okay, so you might need eye bleach after this but I have to share my killer bee photos!
(See previous posts for backstory).
Photobucket
Here he is attacking the dead honey bee. I think it is hard to tell them apart in this pic.
Photobucket
Okay, better pic. He is on bottom.
Photobucket
Here he is on bottom again. He is skinnier than the honeybee. And has a temper!
So we left a message with the task force about him, but killer bee has passed (finally) so it is not a big deal.
Oh, and we added a drowned wasp to the collection today.
The whole collection bugs me (no pun intended).
Sometimes I think it will mysteriously disapper into the same receptacle annoyingly loud toys go to!!!!
But my son loves it so much that I just have to grin and bear it!
Here's some pretty for you~
Vintage lace I bought the other day.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Lisa said...

The boot pic is so cute and I love that lace!