Tuesday, July 8, 2008

caught on film! (my family)

I want to share some of our 4th of July pictures. :)
Photobucket
We decorated the house for our cook out.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Little Mr. Harrison helped!
Here's pics of the parade!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Harrison was in a very patriotic mood. He was so happy about going to the parade--he remembered the eagle from last year so he kept asking when it would be coming out. Then when he saw the eagle I swear it was like seeing Elvis or something for him!!
We got lots of candy!!! It was like a second Halloween. :)
Photobucket
We made friends with this pony named Peanut.
We hurried home to get the grill fired up. Fun family time! The kids popped "snappers" on the back porch.
Photobucket
Fireworks are illegal where we live (but you still see/hear them anyway in the middle of the night!!) so this is as firework-ish as we could get.
Then we went swimming.
Photobucket
And met a sea monster!!!!
Photobucket
Hehe. A gift from grandma. The other grandma brought a tshirt for H. Funny how grandmas come bearing gifts!
Photobucket
Ben read to Harrison while we waited for fireworks to start. This year we packed a backpack of stuff to keep him busy while we waited.
Mosquitos were out of course so we wore these cool "bug buttons."
Photobucket
We bought them at WalMart and had a Eucalyptus/Lemon oil spray (also from WalMart) to spray on ourselves. We are anti-DEET just because it scares me. I saw a report once about a child dying from it. Lysol scares me, too, btw. I guess I get freaked out by the back of the cans and all the warnings.
POW!BOOM!
Photobucket
Fireworks are hard to photograph...
Photobucket
And here is just a random pic--I thought a weave was sticking out of this person's car but upon closer inspection it was just rope.
Photobucket
Photobucket

2 comments:

gina said...

How fun and festive! Love the decorations and the poole raft!! you did a good job with the fireworks- I chickened out and didn't even bring my camera. ;)

Twinklescrapbooks said...

thanks girl. :) take your camera next year and just tell everyone you are a "mamarazzi"...that is what I call myself!!!
tina