Sunday, April 20, 2008

Weekend Update

Photobucket
Okay, so last time I left off on a "Woe is me" note. I am still slightly peeved about the window being broken (especially when I had to clean up all the glass), but we were very fortunate we were able to get it fixed on Friday in an hour for $150 (1/2 our original estimate). Life is back to normal. I have been trying really hard these past two days to solve my problems with retail therapy! We did quite a bit of shopping--mainly items for our yard along with a few new toys for H and some scrapbook stuff for me. And dh got new sunglasses.
Here are some of my scrappy finds:
Found $1 chipboard at Dollar Tree! A-Z, some frames and tags were in each box.
Photobucket
There were maybe 6 different sets. It says "mini board book" on the front of the package but is is chipboard letters. Ben stopped the shopping cart and said,"Is that chipboard??" Only a crafter's husband would know. I said, "How did I miss that??"
Photobucket
Big Lots. I found lots of rub ons, ribbon packs, glue dots (I was out), and a tin of felt shapes. All except the glue dots were American Crafts brand.
Photobucket
Photobucket
felt shapes
Photobucket
Rub ons. Each package has over 209 letters, symbols and dingbats.
I also love that they came with they cool rub on tools!
Photobucket
I finally got my ATG adhesive gun refills so life is really good!
Photobucket
We have also been enjoying the weather--86 degrees! I really wished we could have gone swimming today but hopefully by next week we will be in the pool.
Other reasons to be happy? New Office and Earl episodes, I finally finished a novel I was reading (a big mommy accomplishment), and I have plans tomorrow to spend the whole day with my mom.
Photobucket
You know what put me in an even better mood? I got carded!!! I went to buy a lottery ticket for the fun of it and the girl was like, "Do you have your license?"
Me-"No."
Her-"Then I can't sell to you."
Me-Shocked and flustered, "But I'm old! I will go to the car and get it."
Her-gives me crazy look
I am 30 so that felt good. Real good!

2 comments:

C. Marie Byars said...

Love the creativity! No wonder you said your mood was "energetic."

wendy said...

I'm heading to Dollar Tree! What fun stuff you find :) I wish we had a Big Lots :(