Monday, April 28, 2008

Smile! It will make people wonder what you've been up to!

How was your weekend??
On Friday we went to a huge neighborhood garage sale. We limited ourselves to only spending a set amount and I cannot believe how much stuff we got!!!

My favorite find?? The Kenneth Cole shoes with cork soles! Oh, and the giant Barbie doll with tiara. H says she is his "girlfriend."
I love the thrill of a bargain. Faithful readers know I am cheap! LOL :)
Remember the free Little Tikes playground and kitchen we got a few days ago? Here is a pic of the kitchen:
Photobucket
And before I forget, I don't know if you also remember the shelf I purchased at the Rink Gallery antique mall (see previous post from last week), but I hung it up in my scrap room and put my paints on it.
Photobucket
It look awesome, but now I need more paint!!
Photobucket
~If you aren't into scrapbooking just cover your eyes and scroll...~
I have been wanting these new $1 stamps from Michael's Craft Stores.
(pic from internet)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I was so disappointed because every time some scrappy frenzy starts I usually never find the items in my area. So I waited a month and checked again, and today I found them! They have tons!
(my pic)
Photobucket
I bought 5 for now but there are 16 total so I am sure I will go back to get some more. I just love stamps!
~Okay, you can stop scrolling now.~ Photobucket
Mother's Day is almost here. Anyone have any good gift ideas? I am totally braindead this year. The only thing I can think of is flowers.
May Day is coming up! Do you ever make baskets of goodies and hang them on your neighbor's door?? When I taught first grade I had the kids do this and we put them on the doors of each classroom. It was so much fun! On the Skip to My Lou blog, she has a template for a May Day basket.
Link:http://skiptomylou.wordpress.com/
So I made guacamole to go with our dinner (Chicken Enchilada Casserole). Yes, I made the guac myself--no help from Ben. It was good we ate the whole thing!

Photobucket
So here is my guac recipe for you~
I don't measure anything, I just eyeball it LOL but I will try my best to make it a recipe.
3 fresh medium sized avocados
1/2 onion, dice it up
1 small tomato, dice it up
1/2 jalapeno, diced (I like it a little spicy, but this is optional)
sometimes I add cilantro, just 2 pinchfuls, but tonight I did not.
salt to taste (I don't like a lot so I just do one pinch)
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
Some people also add garlic powder, but I don't!
You can always be conservative and add more stuff later.
Now the fun part...mash it all together!!
My family is Mexican so I own one of those pestle looking things with the bowl that looks like it is made from rock (so don't know the name). Sometimes I just use the flat bottom of a glass because that is what my mom uses and it makes it soooo good. Some people use forks, but I would not recommend it personally.

Photo of the Day
Monday, April 28
theme-someone I love!

Photobucket
Keely Dog *his name is Keely Dog!* is my constant companion. He sleeps next to me, he gets under my feet when I walk, and he is always sitting in my lap. He truly has puppy love going on. The first year we had him he was so hyper it was scary! We got him from someone who had a brain anuerysm and could no longer care for him. We brought him home right after I had surgery for my leg tumor so I did not really get to bond with him at first because I was on bed rest. Keely Dog has really settled down with age and he is very loving. Oh, and so scruffy! Pet-wise (and we have a lotta pets), he is my bff!

Photobucket


1 comment:

wendy said...

I love the finds! And the paint storage is a great idea :)