Monday, April 14, 2008

Hello Stranger

Photobucket
Oh, how I've missed you!!
I only got on the internet once to check email/blogcatalog. That was it. And it was tempting to stay online! But I really need a break to get some stuff done.
What did I do with my off time?
Shredded junk mail~
Photobucket
Made lists~
Photobucket
Ate chocolate~
Photobucket
Okay, the Hershey Kisses tags crack me up! I like the one that says "Feel Better?" because honestly, no I don't feel better after eating all that chocolate I feel mad at myself! LOL. And my fave is "I Miss Recess" because I think, "I miss it,too!" I would like to come up with my own. Wouldn't that be a dream job? Here are some I think might work.."So what if he broke up with you? Eat some chocolate and plot revenge." or how about "Mother-in-law getting on your nerves? Tell her to kiss off while eating a kiss." and "Hide the bag from the kids. Good mom." LOL I could see Hershey's firing me. Think of some of your own! It is fun. Okay, I should not be laughing about all this Hershey stuff as I need to make a dentist about now because I have a cavity! The first cavity I have had since childhood! Yikes.
Photobucket
I tried to make a paper globe. I'm not done yet, but when I finish I will post a tutorial for you! :)
Harrison and I did the park of course.
Photobucket
And I had lots of time to reflect on stuff like my goals. I finally finished filling out some of stuff to re-enroll in grad school. All I am waiting on is a transcript and then I have to go to the university to turn it all in. Yay! I have so many fears about going back to school but getting my Master's will be worth it. The higher pay will be nice when I return to working life.
Photobucket
I returned to my elementary school to photograph a tile I had made that was on display outside the front. I made it in 5th grade I think. I was surprised it was still there!
Here is a close-up (the circled tile):
Photobucket
I also made a quilt square in 2nd grade but that is hanging in the cafeteria on a large quilt and I would feel like some weird stalker going inside the school and asking permission to photograph that LOL.
Photobucket
Harrison and I drew with chalk!
Photobucket
Don't you love winning stuff?
Photobucket
Photobucket
I won all this awesome stuff from the
Scrapbook Mama blog! I was so happy! So much great stuff I will use! She is having a giveaway now so CLICK HERE to go to her blog!
Photobucket
And I also have to say thanks to my friend Wendy for mailing me some goodies. I am so lucky to meet so many nice people in the scrapbook world!
I have to share an awesome blog/store with you! It is called Babygirl Boutique and they sell really adorable clothing and jewelry. Vintage, 1950s style. Loves it!
CLICK HERE to go to the site.
Photobucket
{my mom pregnant with me..isn't she beautiful?}
My mom had kind of a rough day. She found out some polyps they removed were pre-cancerous and in a separate matter, they want her to have a hysterectomy. My mom has never had any surgery. So please keep her in your prayers and thoughts. Also, my best friend Melisa's three year old daughter, Sarah is having her tonsils out on Wednesday...her first surgery also. So please keep my loved ones in your thoughts! Thanks! :)
Photobucket
We ate Chicken Enchilada Casserole for dinner tonight with flour tortillas. Flour tortillas are the best when they are homemade! Nothing at all like the kind you get in restaurants or the store. Much thicker and tastier! We sometimes use the tortilla mix from WalMart or we make our own. It is pretty easy. Here is a recipe:

Flour Tortillas

Serving Size : 12

  • 4 cups Unbleached all purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons Salt
  • 4 teaspoons Baking powder
  • 2 tablespoons Vegetable shortening
  • 1 1/2 cups Warm water or more if needed.
    In a large bowl, stir together the flour, salt and baking powder. With a pastry blender, a fork or your hands, gradually work in the lard or shortening until it is all incorporated. Add enough warm water to make a soft but not sticky dough. Turn out onto a lightly floured board and knead for 5 minutes.
    Divide the dough into 1/4 cup (3 oz) portions and form them into balls.Roll each ball into a flat round about 6 inches in diameter and 1/8 inches thick.Heat a large heavy skillet over medium high heat. Place the tortillas one at a time into the dry hot skillet; cook until brown on one side,then turn and brown the other side.Remove from the skillet.
    Source: Southwest cookbook
Photobucket
Mmmm...and we washed it down with drinks from Sonic. Yum!

No comments: