Friday, April 4, 2008

Curiosity got the cat up the tree...

Photobucket
Let your eyes follow the arrow. Yesterday our cat ran out of the back door. While looking for her, we realize she is two yards over. Up a tree. With a vicious dog circling. Our neighbor was really nice about letting us in his yard. Ben climbed far up the tree, scraping and cutting his whole body in the process. When we got her down, we saw her leg was bloodied. :( I was so scared she would fall from the tree and get attacked by the dog while we had to wait for our neighbor to come home from work. None of our cats are outdoor cats so this freaked us out.
Photobucket
I started reading this book. My copy is ancient. Most people read this in 6th grade or something...well, my teachers never covered it so I am just now done with chapter 1 (moms read slow). Ben also brought the movie home yesterday from the library. Since I have only read about 20 pages I don't really have an idea if I will like it or not.
Photobucket
My mom bought us this weather radio to put near our bed since we are fond of sleeping through sirens. The back of the package lists all the scary stuff it will warn you of:
Photobucket
Food contamination?? Viruses? Yikes.
Photobucket
This was the view outside the front door this morning. Yucky weather.
But Thursday was magnificent. You know I can't resist outdoor pics!
Photobucket
water play
Photobucket
and bubbles
Photobucket
Photobucket
Go H!
Photobucket
Harrison and A.T. had McD's.
Photobucket
aarrgh.
Photobucket
Here's the Hamburglar.
And I took passenger pics of downtown while Ben was driving on the highway. They came out pretty good for being highway pics!
Downtown OKC:
Photobucket

Photobucket
The Ford Center. After Katrina, we had the Hornets (they just recently returned to New Orleans) and they played there. It's a big concert venue,too.
Photobucket
I love city pics!
Photobucket
People are always suprised when they come to Oklahoma and do not see teepees or flat plains.
Photobucket

Photobucket
Harlequin Movie Theater.
Photobucket
Toby Keith's restaurant. I think the fried bologna sandwich is popular there. I have no desire to eat there LOL. It is next to the giant Bass Pro shop LOL.
Photobucket
Lots of construction downtown.
Photobucket
When I travel I get asked if I was here during the bombing. Yes. I was a senior in high school and I was in Spanish class when it happened. We heard it (sounded like thunder) and our desks shook. Our Spanish teacher looked out the window and asked if it was going to storm. We all thought it was odd since it was sunny out. When the bell rang, we went out in the hall and kids were slumped over crying. A lot of them had family members there. I was in shock. The sirens went off and my mom, who was shopping at Albertson's grocery store, found out about it and spent like 10 hours waiting in line to give blood. She is a great person. My uncle Ralph had a newborn son and was walking towards the building to get his Social Security card. He was a few blocks from it when it happened. He started running toward it, and then got scared and ran back to the van where his wife and new baby were waiting because he was worried for their safety. He is a father of seven, and really lucky he was not in the building at the time. I did see the building about a week after the bombing. My mom took us to see it. It was like a shell and they had put a huge chain link fence around it. People were leaving flowers, pictures, shrines,etc. I have been to the memorial once...when my dad got his citizenship Ben and I toured it. Very sad. I don't ever plan on going back. The most touching part is the Survivor Tree, the empty chairs for the victims, and the reflection water, but what affected me the most was the stairs still standing that led to the building. You feel this energy of overwhelming sadness there.
Photobucket
This is an old silo they turned into a rock climbing business.
Photobucket
I am deathly scared of heights so I have only seen it from the outside.
I would love to take more pics of downtown up-close~not from the highway~and I hope to do it one day soon on a Sunday.

No comments: