Monday, March 3, 2008

Weekend stuff (part 2)

Photobucket
Our weekend was not all craziness and drama...
Friday Harrison and I made strawberry cupcakes!
Photobucket
We could not find our muffin tin so they came out squarish but were sooooo tasty!
Then we went to "our park."
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
The city was there cutting down limbs for previous ice damage.
We took our old bread to the library to feed the ducks.
Their playground is ancient but Harrison is in love with the old metal slide.
Photobucket
And he calls these tree seeds "polka dots."
Photobucket
We went inside and got lots o'books.
Saturday Ben sprayed our grass outside so it will grow pretty.
We went to the zoo much to my chagrin.
I thought this couple was so cute. They were really nice,too.
Photobucket

Photobucket
I love this tree that grows in one of the buildings.
Photobucket
a zoo clock
It was the most crowded I have ever seen it. We literally could not walk. Harrison got overheated and refused to drink water. He got frustrated because he could not really get a look at the animals. So we walked to the car with him kicking and screaming (side note: I hate it when people stare or make comments--especially those who do not have children...grrr).
So we ended up back at "our park!!!." It ended up being a very wise decision because there were 5 little girls there and Harrison was the only boy so he got lots of attention and hugs. He had fun!!! He got a little crush on a girl in pink.
Photobucket
love this place
Photobucket

this is my fave pic of ben peeking through the bridge at me!!!

Photobucket

a lone bench...
Photobucket

Photobucket
H always gets a pinecone to give to grandma. She keeps them in a vase.
Sunday we went grocery shopping.
Harrison has been on a chicken mcnugget kick. Ugh. We bought some healthier versions at the grocery store so I am keeping my fingers crossed that those appeal to him. If push comes to shove, I may have to play sneaky parent and put them in McDonald's containers!!!!
And then we ended up in the tub!!