Monday, February 4, 2008

Weak for the weekend

Friday H and I hung out in Yukon and did some shopping there. I love that little town.
Yukon pics:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I was on a hunt for a vintage pattern (no longer in print!!!) of a harlequin costume for toddlers. No luck so far but I have plans to stalk all the local thrift stores for a pattern this week. :)
Saturday we went to AT's birthday party! The cake was so delish--orange cake with homemade orange frosting. So quirky but good!!!


Harrison took his first picture all by himself...
Photobucket
I was so proud, silly I know.
Saturday night I stayed up creating and it was so FREE.
Photobucket
I got the idea to make my own embellishments from Elsie Flannigan's book:
Photobucket
So I cut chipboard into heart shapes. I cut acetate from packaging after tracing doodle templates I found online at the Creating Keepsakes site with a photo safe pen.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Then I used acrylic paint to add color.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
And they turned out super!! (Ignore the excess paint and mess in the background LOL I took these pics at 3am last night...)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Sunday was our day of rest and family. :) We are still cootie filled. I have a slight cough and Harrison and Ben are still in the midst of being sick. :(

Time to catch up with my photos of the day:
Saturday, Feb.2
The theme is BLUE!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Sunday, Feb. 3
The theme is FUN.
Photobucket
Monday, Feb.4
The theme is YUM.
Photobucket
I love to eat lemons and limes.
And AT got a reef book and I took some pics of the pics LOL inside it because it was so inspiring!!!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket