Saturday, February 23, 2008

the nerd herd

Wednesday it was just awesome weather here.
Photobucket
(Check out H's new sneaks).
So of course, we went to the park!!!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
(me in my corduroy bell bottoms!)
And then all 3 of us got some ice cream!
Photobucket
We ate it in the backyard because it was so pretty outside!!!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Thursday we totally stayed home and vegged.
Did get a cute pic of the cat pretending to be E.T. (remember that scene)?
Photobucket
Oh, and I did go to Michaels only to buy one item (insert shock!). I bought a Martha Stewart punch.
Photobucket
Friday and today we have been hanging out at the OK State Fair Park to buy books, videos/dvds/cds,etc from the library booksale. Books are 50 cents and movies/music 1.00. Such a bargain. And it all counts as a donation to the library! We got there at 3pm yesterday even though it did not start until 5:30. Some people had been there since that morning! Ben reserved our spot in line while Harrison and I went to McD's and On Cue gas station to grab goodies. Harrison did soooo good waiting in his red wagon and coloring.
Photobucket
This is the infamous OK State Fair needle. It is a fun ride but I would not know because I have never been brave enough to ride it.
Photobucket
My dh Ben lugging bags/boxes to get books!!
Photobucket
A display that kept my son entertained at the fairgrounds.
It was so crowded and really hot in the warehouse-like building. Most people were nice, and there were a few who would not let you by or tried to run ya over, but I guess if you want a good bargain you have to deal with that kinda stuff.
I have been a loyal booksale buyer since I was a kid so it is kinda a big deal around this household.
Ben and I split up. We call each other on our cellys to find each other. I always have Harrison in the big Radio Flyer. Last year, he kept throwing stuff out as I would put it in the wagon but this year he was all about helping mommy look to find him books and movies. I was happy I got a bunch of Martha Stewart and Creating Keepsake magazines. H got almost every Disney movie made. Ben got a mythology book. Everyone is happy. Just call us nerds.
We got some good stuff!
Photobucket