Wednesday, February 27, 2008

A little "MOM"sense!!

Photobucket
I spent most of my weekend searching for the perfect white pen. Only a fellow crafter would understand my torment. It has to flow smoothly, be purely white and acid free. Ben bought me a Sharpie (the a/f version) at Hobby Lobby today but the tip may be too big.
Photobucket
Grrr... the cheapest price I can get online for a good white pen is $7. I am such a cheapskate that I would rather hold out.
Sunday I went to an antique gallery with my mom. Here are some fun purchases I made:
Photobucket
a wicker basket shelf thingy. I painted it white with light strokes, and now it holds my acrylic paints!!!
Photobucket
some vintage pics--I am making an album of them!
Photobucket
coin charm bracelet--I love jewelry
Photobucket
denim photo album
Photobucket
wood key holder. I painted it turquoise, then white and then distressed it
Photobucket
1960s tape dispenser
Photobucket
some Rockabilly buttons
Photobucket
papier mache star I plan to alter with paper
Guess what? Each item was 50-25 cents cents each! Total was under $7. I guess being a cheapskate pays off sometimes!!!
Harrison and Ben were at my in-laws while my mom and I shopped. Ben's dad is going to have back surgery but they found an aneurysm in his heart that they need to clear first. Keep Rip in your prayers! Thanks.
Then we took H and A.T. to the park to play. Harrison always declares it "his park" because it is almost always empty when we go and I am starting to think he really thinks he owns it!!
Photobucket
Monday Ben and I took Harrison to Chuck E Cheese. He wants to play every game now and do it by himself. He is good at skeeball!!
He told me he wants to grow up and be a pirate. :)
Photobucket
Tuesday we spent the whole day at grandma's. We watched Shrek and ate McDonald's. Harrison made my mom chase him around the house.
I went to Michaels and found this neat-o felt chandelier:
Photobucket
Then disaster struck!!!
My son got a hold of Baby Einstein lotion while mommy was showering. When I came out the WHOLE house was covered with lotion (even the pets!)
Photobucket
We had just recently invested in a steam carpet cleaner, and let me tell ya, we have used it daily!!!
Today A.T. came over and the boys played outside.
Photobucket
It is a good sign of a successful playdate when shoes are kicked off and toes end up covered with squished mud and grass!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket