Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The Day the House Stood Still

Photobucket
"My house looks like a tornado hit it, and then a hurricane. And then a nuclear bomb fell on top of it." This how I described my house to my mom on the phone today. We have been so busy that housework is slipping. This pic above is laundry that needs to be folded. My dirty hampers have clothes falling OUT. Even the dogs look at me like they are disappointed.
Monday we went to see about the preschool position. I got it! I think I will be in the one year old class. Harrison will be with 3-5 year olds. This is a really HUGE step for us. It has just been me and him for the past three years. So I am returning to work and he is starting school (well, not officially but ya know what I mean). I feel like God has just blessed us with so much. I found out about this job thru my friend Audrey. I had been missing teaching lately and I really wanted to put Harrison in a program but was scared because a full day away from me seemed scary. Now I can be there! Plus, the extra money will help with some household renovations (after the kitchen we are attacking the bathroom!!).
I was so happy Harrison even made a friend named Jack! On his own...without mommy arranging a playdate or telling him to go play with that boy. I guess this will be the end of helicopter mommy!
Here's some pics of Harrison eating ice cream the other day (grandma's treat!).



Today we went to a luau party with the Christian Stay-at-Home mom group we belong to. It was so festive. Audrey did an awesome job of decorating! The ladies made such delicious food...we brought some home!!! We took sugar cookies (I decided to leave them unfrosted), and juice boxes. I am not very creative when it comes to cooking! Here is a pic of some of the food:
Photobucket
Then we went to the park and the library to feed our duck friends.
Photobucket
Then we came home and crashed. Oh, and that's when I called my mom to vent about my dirty house.