Saturday, November 10, 2007

Weekend warrior

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Our town already put up its Christmas tree for the lighting ceremony! Now I feel behind LOL. I really wanted to decorate for Christmas this weekend but we have so much kitchen work to do. I know it is weird for me to want to decorate so early but I will tell you a secret. I don't really like Thanksgiving. I like being with family. I am thankful to God daily for all He provides, for health, family, and friends, but the day itself just sort of never appealed to me. I guess because I am not a big fan of the meal. I want to get straight to Christmas!
So here are some more pics of them putting up the tree:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I love the American flag on top! I could not get too close as I snapped the pics while driving!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Oh and I saw this really cool car while driving down the street. All pics were taken during red lights. :) No clicking and driving for me!
Then we headed to our favorite locale--the zoo!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
What can be cuter than this? We got to see the elephants get a shower!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I found this beautiful bright yellow tree over by the zoo playground. It took my breath away--really! So I of course, had to snap a pic.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The zebra was eating grass really close by us! I love the shade of red his mane is.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The giraffes moved so gracefully. Cliche to say, but they did. They had this smooth swagger to them.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
And finally, a wonderful picture that captured turtle romance...while eating lettuce.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I NEVER went to bed last night! I stayed up all night scrapbooking. It felt so good! I have been spending more of my free time online or reading or cleaning or hoarding scrap supplies or just procrastinating! I will have to make a new slide to share what I made. Ben fell in love with a Christmas card I made--he was like, "Wow. You made that? I thought you bought that or something! That looks awesome. I really like it!" At least someone digs my stuff. LOL :)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket