Saturday, November 24, 2007

Stuffed.

We had two turkey dinners this year. It beats the four we had last year! Last year we had our own in our kitchen, ate at both sets of parents and then at the Otzoys (our neighbors) birthday party they served turkey with all the fixings! So this year since our kitchen is yes, still a disaster, we only ate at the in-laws and with my family. Here are some pictures from our turkey dinner:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Mmm...so tasty,right?
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Here is a slideshow of my niece Kellee and Harrison and I enjoying our meal. I look tired!




My little brother decorated the dining room. Lovely.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I have to admit I really enjoyed the meal at my mom and dad's. Just because it was more formal and that is my style. As we said our family prayer,I really thought how happy I am to have such an amazing family.
Harrison went next door and had a playdate with the neighbors, the Otzoys. They are a wonderful family of 7 from Guatemala. The dad, Nicolas is a minister. They have been my neighbors ever since I moved in as a single girl back in 2001!
Then we decorated our family tree we adopted from a local park.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Ben climbed the ladder--I am very scared of heights!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Harrison and I glittered some spray painted pinecones to put on the tree. It ended up being so windy and they kept falling off so we nixed the pinecone idea.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
THUD! The wind blew our ladder down!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Our tag on the tree.
The end result...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
We had to go to WalMart that night to exchange some lights that we just bought that had decided not to work.
It was about 7pm. We passed Best Buy on our way out. It was 27 degrees. There were about 35 people in tents and lawn chairs outside!!!! Yikes!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
It got very chilly here on Friday. Ben woke up at 4am to hit the Black Friday sale at Target. I decided to stay here with Harrison because it was so cold and also he was sleeping peacefully. He said there were 75 people in line in front of him and the line stretched way down the street behind him. He waited for an hour. Some crazy people tried to start a new line on the other side so they could beat the people who had been waiting the whole time! Luckily, Target took care of the situation and blocked them with carts. Ben got everything off his list, which really surprised me!
We got 300, Open Season, Ice Age, Monster House, The Office season 1 and 2, a 12 pack of VHS tapes (for $4.99!), and a mini sewing machine for me.
Then he came home and we all went to Walgreens. We bought the jar candles because they were buy one get two free for $7.99. They smell so freakin' good!!! I have one by my computer teehee.
After all the shopping, we had built up an appetite so we hit Chuck E. Cheese. Harrison was so focused on playing he never did eat the pizza! He got 100 tickets so he spent that on a spider toy and two large tootsie rolls. Funny how he ate the tootsie rolls!
Today we are just working in the kitchen, and then taking Harrison for a haircut. My little sweetie is starting to resemble a wooly mammoth! LOL. :) I hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving holiday.