Tuesday, November 27, 2007

O Christmas Tree

My husband Ben has been a total sweetheart lately. He loves Christmas and usually gives me all my gifts BEFORE the 25th and I guess this year is no different. I had mentioned that my feet felt cold on our wood kitchen floor. He went to run some errands and came home with these!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
BUT it gets better!!
The UPS man came to our door. I saw my husband take the box and go in another room--total weirdness, right?!? He comes back with it opened and says "Here is your big Christmas gift. Look inside." I was like, "WHAT!?!?" It was a NEW camera!!! 10.2 megapixels baby! (My old one was 5mps). I took some pictures with it that are in today's blog post. I hope you can tell a difference. The detail from the macro lens is amazing.
BUT it gets better!!
The crazy man just handed me $100 cash to spend on whatever I want.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
(Our family's vintage Nativity that belonged to my grandmother).
This really means a lot because I remember our first Christmas we had Harrison and money was tight and we just could not spoil each other. It is definitely not the gift that matters but the thought and care behind it and remember:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Speaking of Christmas I wrote out and mailed my Christmas cards yesterday. This year I went with a line from Anna Griffin. I caught one card that was a little wonky...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
(hint: Happy Holidays is upside down!)
It snowed yesterday morning. By the time I woke my son up, fed him, bundled him up, this is all that was left:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
LOL Harrison still packed the little bits of snow and threw snowballs at me and A.T.

Later that night, we went to the community tree lighting ceremony. I will post those pics as soon as I upload them! It was cold but they provided free hot chocolate. Nice! :)
I found some old 50s patterns at the thrift store. I am totally going to make something scrappy with them!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I am thinking of making the women on the front into paper dolls or something.
Here are some of my recent Hobby Lobby purchases:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
daisy d rub-ons and a firefighter paper piecing outfit (since Harrison was a firefighter for Halloween). I also got 20 sheets of paper. Mainly for Christmas layouts.
I just wanted to share this picture I found today with you.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Sometimes I wished I lived in Mayberry!
Here's your weekly peek at one of my crazy pets.
Kipper says hi!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Here are some pics of what I have been working on lately:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
A paper tree with paper bow
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I used daisy d's Christmas papers from Hobby Lobby.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The bow is my favorite!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
And I made a button tree because I am obsessed with buttons!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The brooch "star" was a treasure I found at a local antique store.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Button heaven. LOL I put them on with pins.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I think I passed on my love of Christmas trees to my son because our store-bought collection has grown to 10 recently!
Here are two of Harrison's favorites (this week anyway):
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The jingle bell tree!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I am partial to this one because it reminds me of Dr. Seuss!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket